2021 Roster Discussion

Earlier today I was on a website of someone I like, and she posted a video called 1-minute sunrise. I clicked, and ended up jumping ahead 4 times because I got impatient. I mean, I like this person, the video was exactly as described, barely 1 minute long, and I had no patience to watch the whole thing. So, yeah, no way I would enjoy this, but it's great for those who do and why options are good.

how you ever watched synder cut is impressive. lol

• Haha
Reactions: mgarbowski
how you ever watched synder cut is impressive. lol
Lol, literally, but for me videos (or audios) of people talking are unbearable. Maybe 10% of documentaries are watchable. All because I have no patience to be spoon fed information when I can read it in much less time. So no podcasts, TV news, audiobooks. I can't even follow readings at Church unless I have the book open and read along. My mind just wanders.

Fiction is a completely different animal - obviously some good some bad but I have no issues watching to be entertained. The sunrise video is sort of an edge case that I thought would be a soothing sort of entertainment but ended up feeling like a documentary?

Last edited:
Speaking of CFG-speak, did anyone listen to the episode of Crooks On Frame podcast this week with Nick Cushing and Mehdi Ballouchy? I thought Mehdi gave specifics in most of his responses whereas I couldn’t tell you what Nick Cushing does (first question was about what specifically Ronny delegates to assistants) or any specific coaching or tactical aspect of the team (eg when discussing the DC game)

What is CFG's thinking here for this season? Should we just write off 2021?

the same story has been said time and time again on palmeiras twitter accounts for two weeks. everything has been agreed upon but just palmeiras needs to find the cash for the first payment.

the only new tidbit i see is that nycfc is looking for replacement which i dont even know if its even true knowing the history of this FO.

Reactions: Kjbert

giphy.gif

Remember that Heber is hopefully back by July, and we only have another 7 or 8 games before July. So he could end up playing 24'ish games. If we make 2 or 3 signings -- plus Heber -- between now and July, we will have a full-strength attack for the stretch run when the majority of our games are.

We've seen lots of MLS teams do this. Seattle won MLS Cup a few years ago when they brought guys in mid-season and took off.

Wouldn’t Isi be the 9? Makes sense depending on the manager. Plays off the back shoulder. Good finisher.
I guess Medina plays there thiugh.

the same story has been said time and time again on palmeiras twitter accounts for two weeks. everything has been agreed upon but just palmeiras needs to find the cash for the first payment.

the only new tidbit i see is that nycfc is looking for replacement which i dont even know if its even true knowing the history of this FO.

NYCFC to Palmeiras every damn day
giphy.gif

Wouldn’t Isi be the 9? Makes sense depending on the manager. Plays off the back shoulder. Good finisher.
I guess Medina plays there thiugh.
In a pinch maybe, but I don't think he'd be very good there.

His strong suit is taking guys on 1v1 and cracking off a shot with his left foot. If he's playing centrally, he has to deal with two CBs and likely a CDM instead of isolating against a FB or one CB.

Additionally, he isn't great with his movement and he doesn't have any holdup play.

am I the only one that’s not as high on Taty?
I think it's a question of options for right now through June/July. We're very thin up top. Andrade was supposed to help that. If Taty goes we're treading water. And if they do somehow acquire someone else in the next week or so, who knows when he will show up.

I think it's a question of options for right now through June/July. We're very thin up top. Andrade was supposed to help that. If Taty goes we're treading water. And if they do somehow acquire someone else in the next week or so, who knows when he will show up.

Medina for golden boot. If chicharito can make a comeback, so can medina!