2021 Roster Discussion

Man I honestly can’t imagine getting Heber back, then adding Thiago and potentially Santi and Talles. Holy moly

people wanted attack, we getting attack( though technically no pure striker, though im getting a sense in general those are just rarer these days, everyone wants to be a false 9 or at least play that way). if it flops will remain to be seen.

Reactions: Shwafta and Higgs1
were not getting a villa caliber player anytime soon, if that is what you are hoping for then lol you will be waiting for years ( or maybe it never comes). They will try to make up his goals and assist numbers with different pieces- Medina/ taty/ Thiago/ Heber and maybe another young DP somewhere down the line.

great. TheN where are those other pieces?

sure. He can be Zardes. But then where are the other guys around him?

potential young DP...$12M fee...Winger

EDIT: Apparently he has/had injury on his knee and has not lived up to the pre injury hype, still 18. i cant seem to find what his injury was though.

EDIT 2: The fee can reach $12M but after certain targets are met ( goals, minutes, games etc), i have not found how much the initial payment is now, and apparently its a five year contract.

All the disclaimers because of his age, and no confirmation yet, but he's kind of a big deal, no?

Seems like a lot of money to make on a bet (given his injuries and a potential transfer to Europe because CFG isn't spending $12M on us if they aren't looking to make a profit) than something a little cheaper that's a sure thing to win MLS Cup.

Reactions: Kjbert
Seems like this is the perfect circumstance for an MLS team to have a shot at a kid who had the potential to play for a top club. We could be the beneficiary of nothing more than some injuries and immaturity. I like this upside a lot even with the risk.

Seems like a lot of money to make on a bet (given his injuries and a potential transfer to Europe because CFG isn't spending $12M on us if they aren't looking to make a profit) than something a little cheaper that's a sure thing to win MLS Cup.

There is no such thing as a sure thing. Give me the best talent and I'll take my chances.

Also, this forum is hilarious. We whine when we think they don't spend enough money, then the rumor is they are spending a ton of money, and you're saying you'd rather they find someone cheaper. This is a risky, but highly ambitious move if it's true.

I no understand.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
All the disclaimers because of his age, and no confirmation yet, but he's kind of a big deal, no?

he was, got injured, didnt reach that promise level yet, played in a bad vasco team that got relegated and had some immaturity issues ( partying and getting covid apparently twice). all that drove away interest. He debut on first team at 16 so may be a case of too much too fast for him. Talent is there if there was interest from liverpool etc.

Wow. $12 million. Would be one of the largest incoming transfer fees in league history. If this is true, that's a serious statement of intent.

It can add up to 12M if he meets targets, so initial fee is lower but i cant seem, to find how much they paying up front, i assume under 10M.

great. TheN where are those other pieces?

sure. He can be Zardes. But then where are the other guys around him?

everyone i mention is a piece. However, we need someone in that striker role/ striker that can hold ball as others make runs/ is a threat. Heber was kinda starting to be that but his injuries took him down. Thiago may be that but we have yet to see how he even plays with us.

If we get both of these guys, and people on this forum still complain about lack of ambition, idk what else they really want from this team.
(Now, let's see them actually bought...)

Reactions: BC19 and ZYanksRule
everyone i mention is a piece. However, we need someone in that striker role/ striker that can hold ball as others make runs/ is a threat. Heber was kinda starting to be that but his injuries took him down. Thiago may be that but we have yet to see how he even plays with us.
I do also think that Taty has developed the ability to effectively hold up play, which will be great with our anticipated speedy additions.