2022 Roster Discussion

If Taty leaves, I think the Club needs to go get another attacker.

If Keaton doesn't come back, we need another midfielder.

Either of those could be a DP signing.

Reactions: Kjbert
But what do you expect of the club

nothing unless taty leaves. maaaaybe another non TAM/ non DP signing as back up somewhere. im not saying they shouldnt do anything but i dont think much changes if taty stays.

well - not much we didn't already know and assumed about how taty feels. it is interesting that he thinks MLS is keeping him off the national team though. maybe it's true?
David Villa got called up to the Spanish national team when he was on NYCFC.

well - not much we didn't already know and assumed about how taty feels. it is interesting that he thinks MLS is keeping him off the national team though. maybe it's true?

yes. Barco is getting criticized in river plate for his bad form and play. and you see comments like "MLS ruined him" or that they wasted should not of gotten him etc. the league is not seen with good eyes in Argentina.

David Villa got called up to the Spanish national team when he was on NYCFC.

Villa was a known player who has shown he can perform on the world stage. Taty is an entirely different situation. He only has U-20 (23?) experience internationally. Also, certain countries see MLS as sub-par. The prior Italy coach said he'd never call up an MLS player, didn't he?

yes. Barco is getting criticized in river plate for his bad form and play. and you see comments like "MLS ruined him" or that they wasted should not of gotten him etc. the league is not seen with good eyes in Argentina.

Not surprised. But also shortsighted by argentina. Taty improved so much in his few years in MLS. Barco dropping in form has nothing to do with MLS.

Moar rumors. All the rumors!
But you won’t like this one.

he was willing to go when his contract was coming to an end this past December, so he would leave for free. however velez was like nah. now they deep in libertadores ( good chance to go to semi finals) and want him to join them. this time it would cost them money, so i think they would want a loan, because i do recall velez claiming to have money issues recently, but it could all be BS.

1- Really hope he stays and becomes first back to back Golden boot winner and then he can go for bigger money in the off season.
2- If we have to lose him mid season we HAVE to replace him. Heber looked good against Cincey but if New England can go out and get that kid from Juve to replace Buksa, with CFG money and scouting we have to have a quick quality replacement plan in place.