2022 Roster Discussion

Taylor Twellman at halftime of today’s KC-NE match says that Taty is likely to stay with NYCFC through the season as nobody has hit the $15M valuation.

like i said before, if he doesnt leave this summer to europe, he goes to river plate in December for less.

Reactions: Kjbert
He's the most valuable player in NYCFC history and they want the money? Also there's an argument to be made that you don't want to settle for less because it's prestigious for the league and the team to have a player at that valuation.

think of it within MLS rules. He’s IMPOSSIBLE to replace. Once you’ve committed to selling him, it doesn’t matter what he goes for. You could sell him for $50 million, but you end up with $500,000 of GAM. This isn’t Europe where Spurs can reinvest the Bale money in 6 players.

Just sell him if he wants to go. MLS roster rules don’t allow you to replace him. The money doesn’t help us one bit in replacing him. I think the club is being short sighted.

I think it will depend on Taty's form. If he blows up in the next month and starts tearing defenses apart and racking up goals and assists, the offers will come.

He was last year's golden boot winner and so far putting up decent numbers. But he hasn't been super dominant like he was the 2nd half of last season after he kicked his goal drought. If he can find that form again and continues to show his hard work ethic, the offers will come. I think european clubs are looking to see if he can be consistent. or if he was a one modified season wonder.

What you are buying with Taty is not just a guy who can score goals. He's a terrific defender at that position - lethal at the top of the press; maximum effort; gritty. Taty the goal scorer is not worth $15 million. Taty the complete package might be.

We also don't know what the gap is between what's been offered and the asking price. If it's small, CFG might feel that waiting out the bidders will get them what they think they deserve. If it's big, you have to wonder if Man City will buy him for $15MM and then loan him out with the expectation that his value will rise.

think of it within MLS rules. He’s IMPOSSIBLE to replace. Once you’ve committed to selling him, it doesn’t matter what he goes for. You could sell him for $50 million, but you end up with $500,000 of GAM. This isn’t Europe where Spurs can reinvest the Bale money in 6 players.

Just sell him if he wants to go. MLS roster rules don’t allow you to replace him. The money doesn’t help us one bit in replacing him. I think the club is being short sighted.

I respect this opinion, but disagree for two primary reasons:

1) Making more money from the sale may allow the team to increase its coaching budget to avoid losing yet another coach midseason in 2024. Funds received are not required to only contribute to player salaries.

2) MLS salary rules will, hopefully, change in the future. Holding the line on Taty's transfer value may not be of immediate benefit, but long term it could help set higher floors for transfers (Santi, Magno, etc.).

The rules have changed a bit. We keep 95% of what we sell Taty for. We get to use $1,102,500 as GAM and the rest for whatever else we want.

Taty is not going to be replaceable, but that's why we've gone out and signed players like Magno. The plan is clearly to get young players, develop them, and sell them at a profit. Thus, younger options will cycle through the system, and if they were well scouted and improve, we should continue to be a good team.

Remember what the Club said late last season. They were getting more revenue that season from selling Joe Scally than from anything else.

Interesting Ronny takeaway that they’ve been working towards him leaving since November

I think we're due for NYCFC Survivor season 3, especially now that we've got a nice look at all of our players this season!

Reactions: Joe_Cos
Keaton Parks out indefinitely with another blood clot issue. Terrible.
What a tough break. The fact it's the second one really, really worries me. Aside from being such a key player (the key player, as far as I'm concerned) he's a young man and a newlywed. I hope and pray they can get to the bottom of what's causing this and get it straightened out. Very scary stuff. :praying: