Job Available At Nycfc

That site is bizarre! I entered a fake name to view the posting and it didn't say much - they have more listed on the NYCFC website: http://www.nycfc.com/team/careers

Job Title: Coordinator, Digital Content
Department(s): Marketing
Reports To: Director, Digital Marketing

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Creates content for NYCFC.com (written articles, features, photo galleries, infographics, etc.).
-Manages all content on NYCFC.com, ensuring site is up to date, accurate and compliant with MLS Digital Guidelines.
-Collaborates with Video Manager to create video content for NYCFC.com.
-Provides weekly reporting and analysis on team website and content.
-Interview players and coaches for written and video content
-Assist with social media platforms –create and post content across team social media channels as needed.
-Provide written content for team emails.
-Maintain a detailed customer database of all clients and prospects through New York City FC’s CRM. This includes, but is not limited to, call sheets, referral follow-up, existing client programs, new solicitation, and other programs as developed.
-Assist season ticket holders through the seat selection process and communicate how to properly manage their account through online options.
-Provide written content for team emails.
-Provide content for in-arena features as needed.
-Generate new content ideas for all marketing platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
-Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field.
-1- 3 years experience working for a team, league or related company.
-Excellent writing skills with experience writing and publishing content .
-Exceptional in content generation, development and execution.
-Ability to create story ideas and translate them into multiple forms (written, video, graphics, etc.).
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
-Photoshop – must be able to create graphics for website as needed.
-Must have proficient computer skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
-Must have experience with Google Analytics or related analytics platform.
-Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary.
-Strong work ethic, team oriented attitude and enthusiastic about creating to the success of the organization and department.
-Strong interpersonal communication skills.
-Ability to solve problems under high pressure situations and tight deadlines.
-Must be able to travel when required.

Reactions: mrplow2000
Are they looking for a ...

I meant spin doctor ... not two princes ... but maybe you get the idea ... maybe

So who need a job?

http://mls.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm/Communications?supcat=154#75868

Communications: Internet Communications
Coordinator, Digital Content - New York City FC (New York, NY)

Job Title: Coordinator, Digital Content
Department: Marketing
Reporting To: Director, Digital Marketing
The Coordinator, Digital Content will be responsible for creating original content (written articles, features, photo galleries, infographics, etc.) for the team website and related digital platforms. The position must be able to maintain content on NYCFC.com to ensure all content is relevant and up-to-date. The position will provide written content for team emails. The ideal candidate must be able to interview players and coaches for written and video segments and assist with team social media platforms as needed.
Primary Duties:
  • Creates content for NYCFC.com (written articles, features, photo galleries, infographics, etc.)
  • Manages all content on NYCFC.com, ensuring site is up to date, accurate and compliant with MLS Digital Guidelines
  • Collaborates with Video Manager to create video content for NYCFC.com
  • Provides weekly reporting and analysis on team website and content
  • Interview players and coaches for written and video content
  • Assist with social media platforms –create and post content across team social media channels as needed
  • Provide written content for team emails
  • Provide content for in-arena features as needed
  • Generate new content ideas for all marketing platforms
Requirements/Characteristics:
  • Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field
  • 1- 3 years experience working for a team, league or related company
  • Excellent writing skills with experience writing and publishing content
  • Exceptional in content generation, development and execution
  • Ability to create story ideas and translate them into multiple forms (written, video, graphics, etc.)
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
  • Photoshop – must be able to create graphics for website as needed
  • Must have proficient computer skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
  • Must have experience with Google Analytics or related analytics platform
  • Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary
  • Strong work ethic, team oriented attitude and enthusiastic about creating to the success of the organization and department
  • Strong interpersonal communication skills
  • Ability to solve problems under high pressure situations and tight deadlines
  • Must be able to travel when required
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions: 1. Do you have experience working for a professional team, league, news organization or media company? If so, please list.
2. Have you published any of your written work? If so, please include a link.
3. Do you have experience writing about soccer and/or other professional sports?

Apply for this position | Go back job listings

Reactions: LostAnvil
  • Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary
Ummmm, no. How about you're flexible so your employees can live their lives and not be slaves to a corporation. This is the first thing I ask about in any interview. Don't respect a good work/life balance, then go suck an egg.

Ummmm, no. How about you're flexible so your employees can live their lives and not be slaves to a corporation. This is the first thing I ask about in any interview. Don't respect a good work/life balance, then go suck an egg.

i think you have to be there for games

yet...: "1- 3 years experience working for a team, league or related company"

The old "can't get experience without experience" conundrum
Yeah that sucks, so I guess they will get someone under 30. But the other good thing I hope the means s we are getting our own press group.

You work hard, you get promoted and you make more money. You get out of this life, work included, what you put into it.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I'd love to apply (and actually would be a fantastic fit for it).

But I'm pretty sure after my commentary on the club's connection with Manchester both here and on Twitter, that'd get a solid:

hahaha-no.gif

Reactions: Vito and BxLio91
If the guys in Manchester are anything to go after it´s very much about live updating on twitter and club sites during games and handling club related websites.
No reason not to apply Dr Hoosier :cool:

https://twitter.com/mcfcgeeks

If the guys in Manchester are anything to go after it´s very much about live updating on twitter and club sites during games and handling club related websites.
No reason not to apply Dr Hoosier :cool:

https://twitter.com/mcfcgeeks

I think it's half that and half doing things like City Today, so not just sitting in front of a laptop all day.

They may ask you to do some unusual hours but they won't ask you to do it on top of your usual shift. If they have you staying up until midnight one night, you can expect that they'll allow you to casually roll in at 2pm the next day. Honestly, I'd quite enjoy a job with irregular hours like that, especially since you'll spend so much of your time in the company of the actual players and management.

You are overreacting, that's a pretty generic note on a job listing. You are not going to have a normal 9-5 working for a sports team.