Lampard Is Injured Megathread

Not sure Frank would have helped us our problems are greater than one player. A 5-1 hammering indicates serious issues and it could have been much much worse.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not sure Frank would have helped us our problems are greater than one player. A 5-1 hammering indicates serious issues and it could have been much much worse.
The issue is that:

1. We played an away weekday game that lasted until ~10:30pm
2. We made a further trip out west, without a stop back home
3. The team we played may be the best that MLS has ever seen
4. They're killing everyone at home

I think this is more of a blip than anything. We'll bounce back after some rest and hope we play our best starting XI on Saturday. I actually think that RJ should get the start over Andoni.

The issue is that:

1. We played an away weekday game that lasted until ~10:30pm
2. We made a further trip out west, without a stop back home
3. The team we played may be the best that MLS has ever seen
4. They're killing everyone at home

I think this is more of a blip than anything. We'll bounce back after some rest and hope we play our best starting XI on Saturday. I actually think that RJ should get the start over Andoni.

I have to agree on Iraola. I haven't been impressed at all.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Did we get one of these on Lamps?

money_back_guarantee.gif

A photo posted by Frank Lampard (@franklampard) on Aug 25, 2015 at 1:39pm PDT

373 went bowling today. He was fit in the last practice before the LA game, then injured for the LA game, and now bowling 2 days later. I mean, yes, it's possible to be fit to bowl but not play soccer, but jeez this guy has no sense of optics.

Everyone is fit enough to bowl. It's a joke of a sport.

Really? Let him do what he wants outside of training. Folks were bashing him for reading and drinking a cup of tea yesterday morning, too.

Reactions: DeGrozz
I don't care if Frank is bowling (unless he reinjures himself releasing the bowling ball). Leave the man alone to do whatever he wants in his spare time - as long as he's not posting pictures of himself wasted at 4 AM or something else that clearly shows a disregard for fitness/reprehensible behavior. (Although I have heard that practice in MLS is lighter than in the PL, so leave that where you will.)

What I do care about is reports from practice (yeah, we talkin bout PRACTICE) - is he in full training? Still hobbling? And will he be at least a bench option on Saturday?

Reactions: The Toe
It's more of a judgment issue. You have scores of fans rightfully disappointed about his delayed arrival, his fitness since he arrived etc. If that were me, I would not be posting a series of touristy pictures, or, even bowling pictures. I'm not saying he shouldn't do what he wants to do in his free time, including tourist stops and family bowling. But show a little discretion when advertising those things to the fans who want to be convinced you are here to play soccer and may even question whether that is in fact the case. As someone said earlier, at least consider the optics.

I don't care if Frank is bowling (unless he reinjures himself releasing the bowling ball). Leave the man alone to do whatever he wants in his spare time

"spare" time - I see what you did there ;)

I don't mind what any of the stars do with their time off the field, and I don't think it's too risky to bowl regardless of his current injuries.

However, it's about perception. Especially in the NYC media market who loves to scrutinize. I'm sure Geno Smith was fine to play catch after getting his jaw broken, but that's not the point.

It was a poor judgement call, period. The only thing he should be posting on IG is a picture in a rehab facility.
Well, like all soccer players he's an actual, real person, with an actual, real life just like you and me. That includes birthdays, heartbreak, days at the beach, bowling parties, mowing the lawn, doctor visits, flat tires, etc. He also happens to be on our team aside from all that other stuff.