Last Night's Red Bulls Tifo Was Directed At Us I Believe....

NYCFCFan10

Registered
Mar 23, 2014
it says "Our Home", then stretched out "Our hearts bleed red for our home" and "#NYisred"

ByBFGTnCAAANoCQ.jpg

Who cares? The jig is up and they know it. The Red Bulls will slide further into irrelevance.
I'm convinced Red Bull is bailing out....

Sudden collapse of the USL PRO team.
Sudden surge in official MetroStar stuff appearing around the stadium.
Sudden disinterest in signing DPs.

They're out of here, I think.

Reactions: Paul
Well they won't exactly win any subtlety awards for who it was directed at. Wonder how much it cost to design a big tifo with a blatant lie plastered across it. It does not say much for them if thats their idea of sending a message. It was about as generic and bland as you can get. Then again that just about sums up the whole club. Though apparently they have shown greater recognition to the better name they once had. Even their stadium name is generic don't most people consider arenas to be roofed buildings anyway? I guess they chose "Red Bull Arena" instead of "Red Bull Stadium" because it sounds more corporate and bland.

As for Kreis, Villa, etc it might have looked like a social gathering but I imagine Kreis was also there for greater reasons. He hasn't been spending the last year on holiday after all.

They should rename / rebrand the whole team. Why they use NY instead of NJ is beyond me. I understand why but at the same time I feel the people of NJ should be upset at all this teams who only care about having NY in their name and not NJ.

NJ people are probably so used to being overlooked and belittled in comparison they have mentally resigned themselves to it. Or just wish they lived in NY...

Last edited:
Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Red Bull is the club for the born and bred Jersey guy who swears he's from NYC because he thinks the cool points will make up for him being a shithead.

Reactions: Sunshine United
Honestly I hope they get rid of that gross Red Bull name and colors and fix the internal issues. MLS could really use a great crosstown rivalry like they have in London, Rome, Manchester, Milan..etc. But we aren't going to get that if one team is just a mess.

I've said before that their long term ownership is probably far more uncertain than that of NYCFC. Red Bull corporate policy and those at the top can change at any time. As could a sudden downturn in their core area of business. I know which owner I consider to be more committed for the long haul. Of course if Red Bull ever decided to sell its not like nobody would be interested. Maybe a different owner and a return to the Metrostars name would be better for them.

Reactions: Sunshine United
I think you guys are being a bit harsh on RBNY. Yes, the ownership and the name and the location is terrible.

But the argument that they should be called NJ is silly. There is clear precedent for teams to play in NJ, just outside NYC, to be called New York.

Also, I have no problem with their fans standing up and trying to brace against the incoming NYCFC. They have some true fans, I am sure, who love the club and want to support it. It is only natural to feel threatened by the incoming club, and try to rise up against it.

Trust me, I have no love lost for the club. But it seems to me this whole "rivalry" is a bunch of immature crybaby bullshit from both sides. RBNY fans are exaggerating the negatives of NYCFC and vice versa. Let's just focus on our club, and save the rivalry for the actual team on the field.

RBNY Ticket Rep: NYCFC only has 5 players.
Me: Well we can play that game, or we can understand that come March, NYCFC will have a full squad.
RBNY Ticket Rep: The experience at Red Bull Arena is the best in MLS. NYCFC will play in a baseball stadium.
Me: Yankee Stadium security isn't rude, telling people "You need to leave, so I can go home." Yankee Stadium amenities are the best in all of sports. NYCFC will have their own stadium that will have learned from the mistakes of Red Bull Arena.

They're all about negativity. The supporters groups squabble amongst each other. It's just so Jersey.

RBNY Ticket Rep: NYCFC only has 5 players.
Me: Well we can play that game, or we can understand that come March, NYCFC will have a full squad.
RBNY Ticket Rep: The experience at Red Bull Arena is the best in MLS. NYCFC will play in a baseball stadium.
Me: Yankee Stadium security isn't rude, telling people "You need to leave, so I can go home." Yankee Stadium amenities are the best in all of sports. NYCFC will have their own stadium that will have learned from the mistakes of Red Bull Arena.

They're all about negativity. The supporters groups squabble amongst each other. It's just so Jersey.
What was the context of this conversation?