New Jersey - Postmatch

This is not getting rescinded. He cleated his Achilles.

Unkel was terrible in many other ways, and there’s an argument that wasn’t bad enough for a second red, but it’s not getting overruled.
Really? Because I was coming to say that because it wasn’t a DOGSO red, it might well be rescinded. It was not excessive force nor intentional nor dangerous play.

It was just weird ass circumstances. I don’t think weird ass circumstances mean a red

Everyone around me in the stadium and here apparently, thought the ref shit it up with dogso.

Since they shit it up for other reasons, I think it could be rescinded.

It’s also bullshit that RBNJ fouled the hell out NYC and it was uncalled to start the sequence.

Unkel is truly a disgrace. You remember I’ve been calling him a human penis since as long as he’s been around. He’s a penis with arms. Fuck him.

Last edited:
Best atmosphere I can remember. Thankfully our home efforts should give us a fighting chance in the playoffs.

Honestly would be fine with Amagat and Wallace never seeing the field ever again. Eloi looked like Pirlo in a different role. This is the absolute wrong league for him.

There's a lot of hating on Wallace for not finishing that cross. And normally I would pile in on his offensive woes, but that was an incredibly difficult height to deal with to get back on frame with enough pace to beat Robles.

Not nearly as easy as people here are making it out to be.

That said, Wallace provides NOTHING going forward.

Also, a few other items:
  • I thought Sweat had good reason to shout, the corner that ended up leading to the BWP goal looked like it definitely should've been a goal kick. Haven't seen a replay, so I don't feel comfortable being absolute about it, but it looked like an obvious goal kick.
  • Tinny's service into the box was awful tonight.
  • Ibeagha was a man
  • I counted two passes from Ofori's right foot
  • Isi was not good

I've been pretty down on this team lately, and I got stuck at work so late I only caught the end once were already down to 9 men, but Fucking hell did we actually show heart tonight!
To be fair, we showed that heart in the second half. We showed little in the first half. We were outplayed and down a goal and a man. Then, in the second half, we were the better team despite those disadvantages. So, where was that heart and effort to start the game?

Reactions: mgarbowski
Remember the Chicago game last year where we the season was good but meh and we turned it around after the early red. This game reminds me of that one.

IBEAGHA!!!!

How did we play better with 10 men than we did with 11?

How were we even with RB 9 v 11?

We are going to enjoy a strong finish to the season.

We know Villa is amazing but I have to say it again.

Should not be surprised that our level of play didn’t change once we went down to ten, because we were effectively ten versus eleven from the start. I don’t want to be too harsh on a guy I do not know, but Amagat was just not good enough tonight. Not only the red card, but he was most responsible for the first goal. He failed to chase down an open ball and then abandoned his mark who ended up putting in the assist.

Really questionable move by Domé to even put him out there. We love to question personnel decisions on these boards, but that may be the worst of all time.

Also, I liked the little bit of Amagat that we saw. He showed poise on the ball and was able to connect with Maxi well.

That's a red all day, but one that is called very inconsistently in MLS and needs to be called more often.
We have suffered about 12 tackles in derbies that were worse and not even carded.

Unkel is a penis with arms. And a limp one at that.

We have suffered about 12 tackles in derbies that were worse and not even carded.

Unkle is a penis with arms. And a limo one at that.
Well the frustrating thing is that was a straight red (which it should have been) and Unkel went straight to it. But there have been similar tackles or even worse (i.e., Houston on Herrera) that went to VAR and no reds are given,

Oh my days... what a game that was.

We bossed them for the last 30 mins or so, even with 9 men. I put that down to die hard defending on our part (and SEAN JOHNSON!! BOSS!!) and Red Bulls being absolute trash.

Didn't get a good look at the first read card, but from my view it looked like maybe a foul. Couldn't believe the straight red. But the second red.... I heard people talking about a red card, but wasn't sure, then they announced it, showed a VAR which showed nothing!

I know I always complain about the ref but Jesus, this guy is a special case. Made so many wrong calls for both sides; shocking red cards; a hand to the face gets a yellow.....

Shout out to Sean Johnson and Ibeaga for keeping us in it and to Rodney Wallace for making the wrong decision at absolutely every opportunity.

Next time just draw a 23 on a plastic bag and have it blow around the field, you'll get the same effect.

STILL, overall, happy enough not to lose. Coming away from that feels more like a scrappy win than a draw.

Reactions: Shwafta and Ulrich
Well the frustrating thing is that was a straight red (which it should have been) and Unkel went straight to it. But there have been similar tackles or even worse (i.e., Houston on Herrera) that went to VAR and no reds are given,
That’s what I’m saying. If it’s a red, we should be playing up a man most matches.

Little man Geiger, who has a tiny little wang and even tinier brain, has to make sure he gets a couple of decisions on tv so he can post clips on Facebook and tag all the girls who laughed at him in high school and still do.

Should not be surprised that our level of play didn’t change once we went down to ten, because we were effectively ten versus eleven from the start. I don’t want to be too harsh on a guy I do not know, but Amagat was just not good enough tonight. Not only the red card, but he was most responsible for the first goal. He failed to chase down an open ball and then abandoned his mark who ended up putting in the assist.

Really questionable move by Domé to even put him out there. We love to question personnel decisions on these boards, but that may be the worst of all time.
Ehhh, that's a bit far IMO. And I don't think he necessarily abandoned his mark. He got beat to the ball, tried to chase it down after Royer played it back. Once he saw he couldn't get there, he cut off the passing lane to Royer, but NJ went to Adams, then back to him.

Could he have played it better? Yes. I just don't think it was atrocious or anything similar to that. I'd put the goal on him first, then the failure to mark BWP second, but I've seen worse given up.

There are no excuses for the red.

Remember the Chicago game last year where we the season was good but meh and we turned it around after the early red. This game reminds me of that one.

IBEAGHA!!!!

How did we play better with 10 men than we did with 11?

How were we even with RB 9 v 11?

We are going to enjoy a strong finish to the season.

We know Villa is amazing but I have to say it again.
I was saying to myself...I remember what happened the last time we went down to 10 men at home against a team wearing red....but then we went down to 9...

Reactions: Sabo