New Jersey - Postmatch

I was saying to myself...I remember what happened the last time we went down to 10 men at home against a team wearing red....but then we went down to 9...
We got 1 point not 3, but I think the effect on the team is going to be the same as the Chicago game was in 2017. We have 10 days to rest and this squad looks like a playoff team.

ALSO

- Thought Amagat was doing OK in the first half - covered lots of the fied, always looking for the ball, but agree he was one person at fault for the goal.

- Our defensive marking/positioning in the first half was heart attack stuff, so often just several Red Cows bunched together with no one close to them.

- Then a similar problem at the other end: a player out wide with so few options in the middle - generally a man on the other side and one in the middle, but no one supporting from deep and no one on the edge of the box (this was one thing old Fat Frank did give us)

- Those Blue Men were funny as hell.

- Atmosphere in the supporters section was great: a real backs to the wall, world's against us mentality had everyone fired up.

- I've never been that soaked from beer at a game. Thanks guys :)

Random post...

“Hey dad... did we win???”

View attachment 9082
No. But really yes.

First time I ever felt that way after a home draw.

But 9 v. 15 will make you feel that way.

They played with nearly 70% more on their side. We got a draw, could have just as easily been a win.

BWP said it felt like a loss. So fine. Let’s enjoy it as a win. If the situation were reversed, we’d all feel shit about ourselves.

I’ll say it again: if all the joy you get out of supporting a team is down to trophies, you’re doing it way the fuck wrong.

I’ll dine out on this one as long as as any cup. Well, maybe not. Since then we’d have ages because RBNJ has still never won a cup.

Amagat seemed to be a step behind defensively all night. It was almost like a red card in 40 minutes of slow motion with that dude. I'd be fine with never seeing him suit up for us again -- he obviously isn't suited for our team.

I liked a few defensive plays that Wallace made, but you gotta give something offensively every now and then. JLew's time can't be that far off, I wish we knew what Dome's thinking.

You gotta give credit to Jo. I questioned Dome when he took of ITS at the half, but ITS was struggling vs Lawrence all game. Jo came on a provided an immediate spark and helped set Villa up. Really unfortunate injury there.

Rarely do you see a team get a result 9v11. And I've never seen a team go 9v11 with having to waste another sub on a quick injury like that. Awesome job and let's just hope this match is a catalyst for better play after a few lackluster games.

Really questionable move by Domé to even put him out there. We love to question personnel decisions on these boards, but that may be the worst of all time.

Dome has thrown Taty and Eloi out there to start their debuts. Amazing considering we've had such a successful season at home with copy/paste lineups. He's a better guy hanging in the midfield to get a pass than Awuah, I'm sure, but to start him as his first appearance for the club, against our rival in the end of a title race is asking a lot.

No. But really yes.

First time I ever felt that way after a home draw.

But 9 v. 15 will make you feel that way.

They played with nearly 70% more on their side. We got a draw, could have just as easily been a win.

BWP said it felt like a loss. So fine. Let’s enjoy it as a win. If the situation were reversed, we’d all feel shit about ourselves.

I’ll say it again: if all the joy you get out of supporting a team is down to trophies, you’re doing it way the fuck wrong.

I’ll dine out on this one as long as as any cup. Well, maybe not. Since then we’d have ages because RBNJ has still never won a cup.

Preach it.

DlQAqyIV4AAO7Kz.jpg

hmm

Well, that was really something.

I took my mother to the game -- her first NYCFC game since she lives out of town. When Wallace missed that sitter, she said: "You could have scored that!" Even non-soccer fans know how poor he is with the ball at his feet.

So much for "no one's going to attend a weekday Derby." Stadium was packed and ROCKING. The non-supporters shield areas continue to get better and better. People clapping along, singing with the third rail, and everyone is all the way into the game. We have some really good fans.

The first red card, I don't think anyone has an issue with. The second red card was a complete joke. Here's my main issue: It wasn't called live. Video review is meant for "clear and obvious errors." -- HOW THE HELL WAS THAT CLEAR AND OBVIOUS! Two guys running, accidental studs -- sure, it's a yellow. Studs to the Achilles, I'm fine with a yellow. But a red? On a video review? Ridiculous.

Deeper than that, though -- it's not even the reds I'm annoyed about. The rest of the game was officiated horribly. As I said my mother's not really a soccer fan, when they announced 7 minutes and the crowd roared in disapproval she asked what happened. "Well, see, they normally give 4-5 minutes of added time. But the referee sees the Red Bulls haven't scored yet, and he won't let the game end until the Red Bulls score." Everything that wasn't called against Red Bulls -- hands to the face, tackling Ring in the first half -- that was a disaster.

Immense performance from the players on the field tonight. Incredible to get a point out of that mess. Every time David Villa plays he makes such a major impact on the game. The guy deserves to be back next year. I know he's suffered with injuries this season, but man -- that guy is such a prime time player. Always shows up when he's out there. I want him back in 2019.

Kemar Lawrence better get a 3 game suspension. Straight up bullshit.

Tyler Adams had a perfect example of an intentionally dangerous, red card worthy challenge. Looking like a damn fool with what he did.

And yet they did nothing.

Also, at least 4 times RBNJ intentionally fouled to stop a counter, and Kuntel didn’t card any of them. Hell, there were 4 more he didn’t even call fouls on.

I hate PRO. With the fire of 1000 suns.

Here are the reasons to give a red.

Tell me which one applies, mgarbowski :
Law 12 of the Laws of the Game lists the categories of misconduct for which a player may be sent off. These are:

1. Serious foul play
  2. Violent conduct
  3. Spitting at an opponent or any other person
  4. Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within their own penalty area)
  5. Deliberate fouls that deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal[5]
  6. Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  7. Receiving a second caution in the same match[1]:39

Kemar Lawrence better get a 3 game suspension. Straight up bullshit.

Tyler Adams had a perfect example of an intentionally dangerous, red card worthy challenge. Looking like a damn fool with what he did.

And yet they did nothing.

Also, at least 4 times RBNJ intentionally fouled to stop a counter, and Kuntel didn’t card any of them. Hell, there were 4 more he didn’t even call fouls on.

I hate PRO. With the fire of 1000 suns.
Lawrence, Lade, and Adams had red-worthy fouls.

I’ll take the lumps of us possibly deserving 2 reds, if the ref is going to call it tightly by the letter of the law, but he didn’t because we’d have finished the match up 9vs8. Even 9vs9 would have demonstrated an impartial official. But to ignore three different intent to injure challenges is a hell of display.

Lawrence, Lade, and Adams had red-worthy fouls.

I’ll take the lumps of us possibly deserving 2 reds, if the ref is going to call it tightly by the letter of the law, but he didn’t because we’d have finished the match up 9vs8. Even 9vs9 would have demonstrated an impartial official. But to ignore three different intent to injure challenges is a hell of display.
He went full throttle, two feet, off the ground, trying to end a career.

“Play on says the referee”

He went full throttle, two feet, off the ground, trying to end a career.

“Play on says the referee”
I’d be fine after tonight if Dome came out and said he doesn’t feel NYCFC will ever have a fair match if Unkle or Geiger are the assigned officials. Take the fine and suspension and place doubt front and center so that if PRO assigns them it’s already an issue before the whistle blows.

I’d be fine after tonight if Dome came out and said he doesn’t feel NYCFC will ever have a fair match if Unkle or Geiger are the assigned officials. Take the fine and suspension and place doubt front and center so that if PRO assigns them it’s already an issue before the whistle blows.
I think he should absolutely do it.

Go full Petke. For the sake of everyone. Throw Chapman in there, too. He’s worse than either of them at cheating us.

I think he should absolutely do it.

Go full Petke. For the sake of everyone. Throw Chapman in there, too. He’s worse than either of them at cheating us.
Yeah, this match is the poster child to get them permanently “banned” from reffing our matches. It was disgraceful. Mourinho pulled this before and it worked. Sometimes the manager/team has to take a stand and this is definitely the time.