New Jersey - Postmatch

Really? Because I was coming to say that because it wasn’t a DOGSO red, it might well be rescinded. It was not excessive force nor intentional nor dangerous play.

It was just weird ass circumstances. I don’t think weird ass circumstances mean a red

Everyone around me in the stadium and here apparently, thought the ref shit it up with dogso.

Since they shit it up for other reasons, I think it could be rescinded.

It’s also bullshit that RBNJ fouled the hell out NYC and it was uncalled to start the sequence.

Unkel is truly a disgrace. You remember I’ve been calling him a human penis since as long as he’s been around. He’s a penis with arms. Fuck him.

It's not getting rescinded. I doubt we even appeal. OTOH, I agree it would never be called a red without VAR. It is, however, a perfect random VAR red. You ignore context, and focus solely on the 7 frames that show him cleating the Achilles. And you give the red. And because the appeal committee can point to those frames, they won't rescind.

It's also random because refs, even with VAR, won't call it most of the time. But when they're in one of their moods, they give the red. Which is why VAR is stupid, because for every occasional bad call that is overturned, there are multiple calls like this that just pop up now and then, perfectly justifiable, though not justified, that randomly affect games.

Hack job by PRO.

The medics were surprised I didn't need oxygen I was fucking screaming at the referees all night.

First game I lost my voice. Well worth it. Never seen more shit refereeing all around except for Allen Chapman's crap.

Yeah, this match is the poster child to get them permanently “banned” from reffing our matches. It was disgraceful. Mourinho pulled this before and it worked. Sometimes the manager/team has to take a stand and this is definitely the time.
It’s pretty much the same as what Klopp should do when Anthony Taylor is assigned to Liverpool games. There’s just too much of a statistical body of evidence that proves it isn’t just bad luck or poor officiating. At some point, it’s legit bias.

Here are the reasons to give a red.

Tell me which one applies, mgarbowski mgarbowski :
Law 12 of the Laws of the Game lists the categories of misconduct for which a player may be sent off. These are:

1. Serious foul play
  2. Violent conduct
  3. Spitting at an opponent or any other person
  4. Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within their own penalty area)
  5. Deliberate fouls that deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal[5]
  6. Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  7. Receiving a second caution in the same match[1]:39
VAR stupidity. See my earlier response. Every asshole who lobbied for VAR on this forum should write NYCFC a fucking apology note.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
It's not getting rescinded. I doubt we even appeal. OTOH, I agree it would never be called a red without VAR. It is, however, a perfect random VAR red. You ignore context, and focus solely on the 7 frames that show him cleating the Achilles. And you give the red. And because the appeal committee can point to those frames, they won't rescind.

It's also random because refs, even with VAR, won't call it most of the time. But when they're in one of their moods, they give the red. Which is why VAR is stupid, because for every occasional bad call that is overturned, there are multiple calls like this that just pop up now and then, perfectly justifiable, though not justified, that randomly affect games.
Then the whole lot of them can fuck off. I just tend to think people are capable of better. Or I want to. Even though I’m always disappointed by humanity in general, and specifically and even more so by those who referee.

If it was given due to VAR, it should be reviewed in the fullness of context. If they won’t do it, it doesn’t make me wrong. It makes them wrong. And it doesn’t make me biased. It makes me the objective motherfucker in the equation.

I also had a somewhat positive first impression of Amagat. Not fast, true, but very poised on the ball, and was constantly getting Ofori out of the jams he would get into. Didn't seem rushed when under pressure and could play in tight spaces. I personally think he'll have Ofori's job inside a month.

And also whoever said the Spanish second division is inferior to MLS is just wrong. Callens came from Numancia in Spanish second division, just like Ring came from Bundesliga 2, and Jack is now a sub in the Championship. Those are some of our very best players ever. MLS is, at best, equal to the second division below any of the elite European leagues. Clubs like Rayo Vallecano (just promoted) or Malaga, where Isco started his career (just relegated) Osasuna, Deportivo, etc. are as good or better that us, RBNJ or ATL. And definitely better than Colorado or RSL.

To be fair, we showed that heart in the second half. We showed little in the first half. We were outplayed and down a goal and a man. Then, in the second half, we were the better team despite those disadvantages. So, where was that heart and effort to start the game?
IMO at our distance from the game, it's easy to confuse lack of effort with, well, confusion. We looked like a very very raw 3-5-2. The seam between RWB and RCB was super exposed.

I'm also wondering why we didn't play Isi in midfield instead of Amagat and Berget up front instead of Isi so that we had the option of switching to a 4-3-3. When RB weren't pressing us, it would've been clutch

But let's even look at it this way: How does that even get to VAR? That was a clear and obvious error? VAR is supposed to only be for clear and obvious errors. This was not that. This was overreach from the VAR.

But let's even look at it this way: How does that even get to VAR? That was a clear and obvious error? VAR is supposed to only be for clear and obvious errors. This was not that. This was overreach from the VAR.
I'm certainly not saying it was a good application of VAR. But it is a completely predictable and common application of VAR.

hen the whole lot of them can fuck off. I just tend to think people are capable of better. Or I want to. Even though I’m always disappointed by humanity in general, and specifically and even more so by those who referee.
I was almost ready to say that you of all people should understand we live in a fallen world, but you came back round at the end.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
It went to VAR because BWP stayed on the ground for an eternity, even through an entire RB counter, and that “alerted” Geiger to review it. Unkle didn’t even run straight over to the monitor at the stoppage- he went to ask BWP to get up. That’s when Geiger took the time to check because you then saw Unkle go to his ear and run over to the monitor. Of course, BWP then got up and ran around fine, after he gamed the refs. It was kinda brilliant, blowing off an entire attack, to draw attention.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I was almost ready to say that you of all people should understand we live in a fallen world, but you came back round at the end.
Yeah, I hate them. And I hate them for their inability to be logical, objective, sentient beings. You shouldn’t get a soul if you behave like Unkle dinglefuck and his other brother Virgin Mark.