NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2021

It looks to be a better designed app, but from what I recall the issues with Fox Sports Go were that people have trouble signing in (or unclear about cable subscription compatibility) and that the match wouldn't appear much closer to kickoff. We'll see how that plays out when NYCFC has to use the Yes Network app to broadcast matches.

Don't like that I had to create a YES Network account to log into the app and then register with my cable subscription.
But that's the same way most other streaming things do it, like ESPN. You log in and then register via the subscription of choice

But that's the same way most other streaming things do it, like ESPN. You log in and then register via the subscription of choice

Yeah, but I didn't have to do that before with Fox Sports Go. Just another account.

This is good news. My FSGO never works. And when it does, I need to login to about 5 different devices. Same with HULU.
So this makes me happy

This is good news. My FSGO never works. And when it does, I need to login to about 5 different devices. Same with HULU.
So this makes me happy

do you have YES through a cable provider or are you a Hulu subscriber for your live TV? This new app won't make any difference to you if you have hulu. ( i seem to recall you are a cord cutter...)

do you have YES through a cable provider or are you a Hulu subscriber for your live TV? This new app won't make any difference to you if you have hulu. ( i seem to recall you are a cord cutter...)

I am like an old man. I have all sorts of traditional cable channels on top of my streaming subscriptions.

I pulled the plug a couple of years ago. Last year, I switched to Hulu just to keep YES and was miserable because I hate Hulu. Now, it’s no longer an option anyway, so what to do?

Then, I realized that when I pulled the plug, I kept cable service for one TV since that is the cheaper package. I put away the cable box and don’t even use it, but I can access Yes through Optimum and presumably through FoxSportsGo.

I felt like Dorothy. I had the power to go home all along.

This features a very nice write-up of Keaton Parks.

I don't think Ian would lie, but he's not above exaggeration.
Idk why but something about Ian Joy makes me trust him. I'm sure they talked about aguero coming amirite ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ian Joy would be hyped up about a $4M Young DP transfer signing that most of us on the Forums now wouldn't make us go more than meh.

Reactions: Joe_Cos and Kjbert
Idk why but something about Ian Joy makes me trust him. I'm sure they talked about aguero coming amirite ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ian spent the better part of last year hyping GMS... That should tell you enough.

Ian is Team NYCFC. If he gets fed BS by the club you think he's vetting the information before he tweets?

Sims could be telling him they're going to try and bring in Aguero or that the stadium might be announced soon? Then Ian interprets it as LOTS of GREAT things happening.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ian spent the better part of last year hyping GMS... That should tell you enough.

Ian is Team NYCFC. If he gets fed BS by the club you think he's vetting the information before he tweets?

Sims could be telling him they're going to try and bring in Aguero or that the stadium might be announced soon? Then Ian interprets it as LOTS of GREAT things happening.
Speaking about GMS... he must be lighting the Scottish league on fire by now...

Reactions: Kjbert