NYCFC v FC Cincinnati - Postmatch

I like that you can hear them yelling "Poku, Poku" in the background. Very interesting to see what role he has this weekend and in Chicago.

My prediction based on what we have seen so far is that Poku and Mullins both start the season as subs. Hopefully both get plenty of time as subs and a chance to start from time to time when players are injured, on national team duty or in need of rest.

I think the other reason why this line-up was so reserve heavy is because of Saturday night's game. If you are trying to get a team ready then you also want them on the right routine. Saturday should be the last run out for the starters. My guess is he wants to see his first XI go 75' and play his system. It was tough to do that with two mid-week games back to back. With the possible exception of the Open Cup window, there's no point in the season where the team would play four games in two weeks.

Reactions: Sabo and Ulrich
I think the other reason why this line-up was so reserve heavy is because of Saturday night's game. If you are trying to get a team ready then you also want them on the right routine. Saturday should be the last run out for the starters. My guess is he wants to see his first XI go 75' and play his system. It was tough to do that with two mid-week games back to back. With the possible exception of the Open Cup window, there's no point in the season where the team would play four games in two weeks.
Completely agree regarding the schedule prep. Play Saturday's game, and I wouldn't be surprised if they left for the airport right after and flew home, just like during the regular season. Then the club can start the week off on their normal schedule with enough time to head out to Chicago on whichever is their typical travel day.

Will be interesting to see what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they just stay down in Florida where they are already settled in and guaranteed good weather for training. Sure, the forecast up here is plenty good, but I would bet they made plans a few weeks back before that was clear.

Will be interesting to see what they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they just stay down in Florida where they are already settled in and guaranteed good weather for training. Sure, the forecast up here is plenty good, but I would bet they made plans a few weeks back before that was clear.
I agree it'll be interesting to see what they do. I think they should come back to the NYC area and prepare for Chicago here. Need to settle back into a chillier environment, IMO, as the first several games will likely be in sub-50 degree conditions and likely colder.