2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

MLS has opened up the 2021 Playoffs Bracket Challenge.

MLS has opened up the 2021 Playoffs Bracket Challenge.
Join the Forums league!

Reactions: Keith Putnam
Anyone know the times of the conference finals games snd if we know what day the east will be?

Anyone know the times of the conference finals games snd if we know what day the east will be?

They haven't announced yet. Since the NE-NYC/ATL game is on the 30th, seems like it would make sense for them to put the East final on the Sunday. I would think they would play the conference finals in the afternoon, but they haven't put out a time yet.

They haven't announced yet. Since the NE-NYC/ATL game is on the 30th, seems like it would make sense for them to put the East final on the Sunday. I would think they would play the conference finals in the afternoon, but they haven't put out a time yet.
Wonder if that’s because there’s still a chance that Atlanta could host the East final and the Falcons have a home game on that Sunday.

Are we sure K Kjbert didn't write this?

For those who don't know, I'm a lifelong St. Louis Blues diehard. For a half-century, that meant routinely watching them be one of the NHL's best regular-season teams and even more routinely watching them find miserable ways to blow it big time when the playoffs start. Now, NYCFC fans certainly don't have that long a track record of postseason letdown, but I'm quite sure they see clearly where I was going with that.

The Bronx bombers have now posted six consecutive winning seasons, and have not finished lower than eighth in the overall MLS table since their expansion campaign back in 2015. They've twice been Supporters' Shield runners-up and have finished among the East's top three sides four times. And in that span, they've chalked up one playoff round win. Over the last five seasons, that's fewer postseason wins than Montréal, fewer than Houston and the same amount as both Orlando City and Vancouver. Not counting 2020's Play-In round, each of those teams have made it to the playoffs just one time during the span in question.

If NYCFC backers weren't feeling cursed before that last paragraph, they definitely are now. As a St. Louis Blues fan who often replays the glory of their supremely cathartic 2019 Stanley Cup win and the resulting parade celebration of a lifetime with misty eyes and a newfound sense of calm, I can promise there's only one way to shake that icky cursed feeling. And it's best to do it before it gets way out of hand.

I’m watching the Red Bull’s game right now. Off today so I’ll be missing our game tomorrow. Do we actually root for RB? Have to think that makes it easier on us. If they win and we win we would play Nashville or Orlando whereas If RB and Orlando both loose we play NE.

I’m watching the Red Bull’s game right now. Off today so I’ll be missing our game tomorrow. Do we actually root for RB? Have to think that makes it easier on us. If they win and we win we would play Nashville or Orlando whereas If RB and Orlando both loose we play NE.

What do you mean? If we win we play the revs next round. doesn't matter what the red bulls do today.

No reseeding in the MLS Cup Playoffs. We play New England if we win tomorrow

If 6 (Orlando) and 7 (Red Bulls) win and we beat Atlanta and New England then we host the Eastern Conference Finals...something to root for...

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Not only happy the Red Bulls are out, but also happy their style of play is out. What a brutal watch they are; no wonder they can't draw fans. They just make every game they play miserable to watch. I understand it works to some extent, but man ... it's so tough.