2021 Roster Discussion

To be fair, the roster has turned into one of, if not the best 1 through 18+ rosters in the league.

i agree.

just answering the question of "why not us?" ... seems like they've already spent a good bit of money already and we are seeing some of that on the field and hopefully, we'll see the rest of it pan out when we need it the most (playoffs)

i still feel like a 9 or a mid can't hurt. i guess no DP at this rate though.
It looks like it's Mitri or nobody, and there's been no real follow up on that unsourced Mitrita tweet a few days ago, except a very small handful of Saudi tweets saying goodbye. Whether they are reacting to baseless rumors or more I can't say, but my sense is there would be more if real.

Reactions: Kjbert

ugh, I’m not sure how this deal benefits the team. Hopefully Sebastian gets starting minutes in LA

ugh, I’m not sure how this deal benefits the team. Hopefully Sebastian gets starting minutes in LA
W H A T! Noooo!! I'm gonna miss him! What's the plan at defence when there are injuries?

W H A T! Noooo!! I'm gonna miss him! What's the plan at defence when there are injuries?
I was just thinking about how he has played very little lately. Seeing this, I checked, and he started just one of the last 10 games, and appeared in 3 others for 1 minute each, even though this included all the games when Callens and Sands were out for their NT duty. So I hope he gets more minutes. Still, concerned about losing him as an option even if we hardly used him in a stretch when you would think he'd be busy. Oddly, he played the most in the 2 games Tinnerholm missed.

not a fan at all. he was definitely a good back up option.

Reactions: Kjbert and danger
The only game I remember him being in this year. He was very very out of form and I thought he was going to cost us the game. And I believe he did cost us two points. But over all I’ve liked him as a player and as a person. I betcha he will enjoy LA.

I was just thinking about how he has played very little lately. Seeing this, I checked, and he started just one of the last 10 games, and appeared in 3 others for 1 minute each, even though this included all the games when Callens and Sands were out for their NT duty. So I hope he gets more minutes. Still, concerned about losing him as an option even if we hardly used him in a stretch when you would think he'd be busy. Oddly, he played the most in the 2 games Tinnerholm missed.
Seb does seem lovable but I have to admit I feel nervous whenever he’s defending. I’ve felt good about Grey all season and wondered what Delia sees or doesn’t see that keeps from giving Tavon more minutes. Tinnerholm probably could have used a rest last game. Anton also doesn’t seem like Anton to me this season so I’m not sure how much we lose if he gets a break now and again.
I know that I’m treading on sacred ground and Tinny probably does more than I see… anyway.
Love and all the best to Seb nonetheless.

Last edited:

This is a good amount of GAM for a reserve player that had a ceiling as a reserve with this team.

Going forward, if this means more Morales at CB - not great. However, if it allows for formation flexibility with Sands in a back 3 with Chanot and Callens, or more time for Gray (and maybe Vuk) - good. Let's see what Gray can do.

This is a good amount of GAM for a reserve player that had a ceiling as a reserve with this team.

Going forward, if this means more Morales at CB - not great. However, if it allows for formation flexibility with Sands in a back 3 with Chanot and Callens, or more time for Gray (and maybe Vuk) - good. Let's see what Gray can do.

We should have noticed this move was hinted at last game -- I think Joy talked about how Deila saw this team playing with a 4-man backline going forward with a rotation of Sands/Callens/Chanot in the back.

I don't know if we really needed more quality at LB, at least in 2020. Matarrita was one of the best LBs in the league last season. We definitely could use some more quality at LB this season as I think that is hands down our weakest position.

Moving this to the roster thread.

With Matarrita, there was inconsistency and he was also out injured a lot (although less so in 2020). This left opportunities for other candidates. Sadly for Scally, that was Ben Sweat in 2019 and before and Gudi last year.

I agree that this year, LB is a bigger issue. At some point, it is worth having the Malte discussion. He's the guy who was supposed to step in and grow into a regular and effective starter, and he hasn't done that so far. We paid a pretty hefty transfer fee for him.

I agree that this year, LB is a bigger issue. At some point, it is worth having the Malte discussion. He's the guy who was supposed to step in and grow into a regular and effective starter, and he hasn't done that so far. We paid a pretty hefty transfer fee for him.
I'm hopeful that Malte can still get there. He's young and he's shown flashes of what he's capable of. But he has been a disappointment for this season for sure. Some sloppy passing and getting beat defensively too often for my liking.

Hopefully he can develop into that effective starter we were looking for down the road.