2022 Roster Discussion

would you put acevedo with parks or morales with parks as your first pick pairing? this is assuming maxi resigns and plays the 10. otherwise, i would guess santi would be the #10.
Right now I see...

------Talles--Heber--Thiago---
--------------Santi--------------
--------Cacha--Parks----------
-Malte-Chanot-Callens-Gray-
------------Johnson------------

Again, that's what I see not what Ronny will put out.

Reactions: Joe_Cos and moogoo
Right now I see...

------Talles--Heber--Thiago---
--------------Santi--------------
--------Cacha--Parks----------
-Malte-Chanot-Callens-Gray-
------------Johnson------------

Again, that's what I see not what Ronny will put out.

I was admittedly down on Morales for the first half of the season but after the way, he played down the stretch I don't see how it is possible to justify playing Cacha over Morales. The version of Morales we saw at the end of the season and in the playoffs is better than Cacha at winning the ball, shielding the ball, and passing the ball. Until Cacha stops panic dribbling at people and losing the ball 2-3 times a game I'd much rather have Morales next to Parks.

I was admittedly down on Morales for the first half of the season but after the way, he played down the stretch I don't see how it is possible to justify playing Cacha over Morales. The version of Morales we saw at the end of the season and in the playoffs is better than Cacha at winning the ball, shielding the ball, and passing the ball. Until Cacha stops panic dribbling at people and losing the ball 2-3 times a game I'd much rather have Morales next to Parks.

Yeap. Someone made a really great point on our playoff run. I’m sorry I don’t forget who it was.

The way that Ronny wants to play, we need to win the ball high up the field. That’s Morales.

I also think a healthy Keaton is a more dynamic player than James, especially if you have a question mark at the 9.

We typically bend over backwards for our players. But why would we loan him?

Does the purchase option become more expensive the better he plays? Or if the loaning team doesn't want him long-term, then we can find a higher fee to sell him in a year?

Reactions: Kjbert
Cacha is more similar to Parks than a more defensive-minded Morales or even Sands. I'd rather pair Morales with Parks in a preferred lineup but obviously we will see plenty of rotation there and likely all four combinations with those guys (and likely more with one additional player).

I also wouldn't count out a potential signing to vie for minutes there.

Interesting. I think we should expect 5 signings this year. One in the Gloster/Zelalem mold. Like a Sebastian Soto type

Thrilled. I hope he retires with us. #NYCFC
1f687.png
⚽️

DP contract?? One year contract with a potential 2024 option. Kinda like it but it has to be TAM to like it. Official website (don’t know how up to date it is) says Designated Player still.
They referred to it as an extension and he was under a DP contract, but they make no mention of him continuing as a designated player. I'm confused. :dizzy: LOL

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert