2022 Roster Discussion

Ahhh... one of the worst parts of being a NYCFC fan... sitting around and waiting for those signings out of left field during transfer seasons.

Rarely a lot of smoke before our fires...

Rusnak seems like a great passer and creator but doesn't provide much defensively. Good 10 if you can hide him.

He would be a clear downgrade from Maxi in the 10.

Reactions: Kjbert
Here's a twist on the day -- reportedly my Gunners are looking at Taty for something in the neighborhood of £15 million. Didn't know that. For those of you who don't follow Arsenal, we've gone very young this year. Well over half our goals have been scored by someone 23 years of age or younger, and the average age of our Starting XI is the second-youngest of any team in Premier League history.

That would be fun

And we didn't throw over the table until we were three games in (and had a disastrous start to the campaign) so in reality we're really young. Thomas Partey is 28 and Granit Xhaka is 29; Lacazette is 30. None of our other first-team are older than 23.

He'd fit right in. Plus, you know, it would make me happy. :laughing: Report: Arsenal join West Ham in race to sign £15million-rated 23-goal ace (hitc.com)

Thought I made my reply but my bad.

I believe this is referencing Ornstein’s report that Arsenal are interested in Vlahovic and if that happens Fiorentina is interested in Castellanos, so this author is misrepresenting the source. It would be very fun though.

I can't get over the fact that we're six days from the start of training camp. I actually feel bad for the players with how short the offseason was.
I wonder how much something like this plays into the mentality of an mls cup winning team the next season.

Thought I made my reply but my bad.

I believe this is referencing Ornstein’s report that Arsenal are interested in Vlahovic and if that happens Fiorentina is interested in Castellanos, so this author is misrepresenting the source. It would be very fun though.
Oh yes, we're very much interested in Vlahovic. But last I heard we still can't get his people to talk to us. I'm not sure why, other than they're looking to break someone's piggy bank and they think Arsenal can't write a big enough check. I'm sure his price went up after today's FA Cup debacle, too.

Fiorentina happens to be my Serie A side, so Taty going there is fine by me as well if Vlahovic leaves. He'd be playing with some pretty good young forwards in a league which I think would suit him.

Time's getting short, though. Camp opens in six days, doesn't it?

I can't get over the fact that we're six days from the start of training camp.
Doesn't camp start today for NYCFC?

From MLS:

Jan. 10 and 16: MLS preseason begins
It’s the first steps teams take on their yearlong journey together: Players and coaches reporting to their respective clubs as preparations for the new season, which starts earlier than ever before, get underway. The five clubs competing in Concacaf Champions League – MLS Cup champions New York City FC, the Supporters' Shield-winning New England Revolution, Canadian Championship winners CF Montreal, 2021 Western Conference regular-season winners Colorado Rapids and the Seattle Sounders (the team with the next-best regular-season record in 2021) – get an extra week’s head start to prepare for their mid-February CCL Round of 16 matchups vs. overseas opposition in mid-season form. Look for official announcements of preseason camps and events in Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, Texas and other warm-weather destinations in the coming days.

Rusnak made $2.15 million last year, and he’s presumably not leaving RSL to take a pay cut. So, he’s a DP for whomever signs him.

Seattle is the presumptive choice. They have 3 DPs, but can presumably buy down Joao Paolo.

Oh yes, we're very much interested in Vlahovic. But last I heard we still can't get his people to talk to us. I'm not sure why, other than they're looking to break someone's piggy bank and they think Arsenal can't write a big enough check. I'm sure his price went up after today's FA Cup debacle, too.

Fiorentina happens to be my Serie A side, so Taty going there is fine by me as well if Vlahovic leaves. He'd be playing with some pretty good young forwards in a league which I think would suit him.

Time's getting short, though. Camp opens in six days, doesn't it?

Maybe he wants to play Champions League football?

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Doesn't camp start today for NYCFC?

From MLS:

Jan. 10 and 16: MLS preseason begins
It’s the first steps teams take on their yearlong journey together: Players and coaches reporting to their respective clubs as preparations for the new season, which starts earlier than ever before, get underway. The five clubs competing in Concacaf Champions League – MLS Cup champions New York City FC, the Supporters' Shield-winning New England Revolution, Canadian Championship winners CF Montreal, 2021 Western Conference regular-season winners Colorado Rapids and the Seattle Sounders (the team with the next-best regular-season record in 2021) – get an extra week’s head start to prepare for their mid-February CCL Round of 16 matchups vs. overseas opposition in mid-season form. Look for official announcements of preseason camps and events in Arizona, Florida, South Carolina, Texas and other warm-weather destinations in the coming days.

NYCFC had the opportunity to start early, but Ronny has said camp opens Jan. 15. Sounds like they decided to start a week later so players would get a little more time off.