2022 Roster Discussion

No, he didn't. And it is an open question whether he will do better this year with a normal preseason. I'm hopeful, but if Taty leaves we can't expect Heber to pick up where he left off in 2019 until he proves that he can.

I am hopeful a brazilian trident upfront, with a strong midfield and attacking wingbacks to support, will become one of the most exciting attacks in the league!

Since heber is older and may not have the legs, perhaps we can play talles at the #9. Toward the end of the season, when he was asked to play the #9, his movement and energy were great. Heber has experience playing on the left wing too and we can have all three of them fluidly switching positions as the game requires. It would be a nightmare to defend.

Here's hoping all previously injured players return to their top form. I would have expected Taty to be gone by now, but I am also happy it looks like he'll be with us for CCL and the start of the season..

Based on nothing more than my reading of Lee’s tone and vague hints, I would say that Taty remains at most until summer and could likely go this winter. But Sands sounds less imminent. He could go preseason but I don’t expect it, and won’t be shocked if he lasts one more season.

Every now and then I like to remind myself of just how wrong I can be.

ETA: the last sentence of M moogoo's post immediately in front of this reminded me.

There’s 10 days left in the transfer window.

Is Taty staying until July???

I am hopeful a brazilian trident upfront, with a strong midfield and attacking wingbacks to support, will become one of the most exciting attacks in the league!

Since heber is older and may not have the legs, perhaps we can play talles at the #9. Toward the end of the season, when he was asked to play the #9, his movement and energy were great. Heber has experience playing on the left wing too and we can have all three of them fluidly switching positions as the game requires. It would be a nightmare to defend.

Here's hoping all previously injured players return to their top form. I would have expected Taty to be gone by now, but I am also happy it looks like he'll be with us for CCL and the start of the season..

Hes 30. Can we relax on Heber. He, if needed, could have come and played more after his recovery. Weren’t taking Taty out at that stage of the season anyway.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is NOT a critique. As has been documented, the team gets a pass on anything and everything right now. Just an observation.

By September 20 in prior years we had signed:

2015 - 18 players, doesn't really count
2016 - White, Harrison, Matarrita
2017 - Okoli, Johnson, Camargo, Lewis
2018 - Tinnerholm, Abdul-Salaam, Stuver, Medina, Hountondji, Tajouri-Shradi, Berget
2019 - Rocha, Parks
2020 - Gray, Zelalem
2021 - Jasson, also a year I wouldn't count as the season start was uncertain
2022 - 3 HGs if you count them, but as they all seem slated for II ...

And no rumors. I wonder if there are several dominoes dependent on Taty.

Every year at some point these boards seem to get anxious about signings. I'm not that. I'm just watching and pondering and eager for news.

This is NOT a critique. As has been documented, the team gets a pass on anything and everything right now. Just an observation.

By September 20 in prior years we had signed:

2015 - 18 players, doesn't really count
2016 - White, Harrison, Matarrita
2017 - Okoli, Johnson, Camargo, Lewis
2018 - Tinnerholm, Abdul-Salaam, Stuver, Medina, Hountondji, Tajouri-Shradi, Berget
2019 - Rocha, Parks
2020 - Gray, Zelalem
2021 - Jasson, also a year I wouldn't count as the season start was uncertain
2022 - 3 HGs if you count them, but as they all seem slated for II ...

And no rumors. I wonder if there are several dominoes dependent on Taty.

Every year at some point these boards seem to get anxious about signings. I'm not that. I'm just watching and pondering and eager for news.
It's weird because usually I'm super anxious about signing, but this offseason I haven't felt the same anxiousness as usual. Could also just be because the offseason is about one and a half months shorter than usual, though...

We have fewer glaringly obvious needs this year as in prior years. I don't think we need a new starter at any position. We need backups at both fullback positions and at centerback. Maybe at striker and center mid.

Now, we have 2 DP spots open, so there is an opportunity to upgrade starters at a couple spots, but if that waits until summer, we have a strong deep team until then.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
We have fewer glaringly obvious needs this year as in prior years. I don't think we need a new starter at any position. We need backups at both fullback positions and at centerback. Maybe at striker and center mid.

Now, we have 2 DP spots open, so there is an opportunity to upgrade starters at a couple spots, but if that waits until summer, we have a strong deep team until then.
Malte starting on the left? Sounds to me like that position can definitely use reinforcement in that position ahead of him (unless he improves this season)

I think we need a DP winger ASAP.

I’m ok rolling the dice with Heber and Talles Magno until the summer

Reactions: Higgs1