2022 Roster Discussion

Does Taty protest and sit out then if we don't accept?

Taty obviously isn’t with the team. He’s the face of the team and he hasn’t been seen in a week.

That means a) he’s somewhere preparing for a move or b) he’s sitting out. We’ll know in 17 hours.

Can’t wait for it to come out that Inter doesn’t have the money and asks for a loan at the deadline.

its possible. Though some South American teams say they don’t have money and want the player to force a move out so they get them cheaper. But of course CFG is not lacking money and can easily sit taty out if they so choose so that tactic won’t fly here.

Reactions: Kjbert
its possible. Though some South American teams say they don’t have money and want the player to force a move out so they get them cheaper. But of course CFG is not lacking money and can easily sit taty out if they so choose so that tactic won’t fly here.

Exactly. Fuck those guys and fuck Taty’s agent.

Reactions: ezbeezy214
1) It sounds like he ONLY wants to go to River
2) Is it true that the South American window extends past today?

Reactions: Victors87
I think its likely the hangup with Taty to River Plate is that Alvarez isnt actually going to Man City until July or December. I wouldn't assume Taty is upset with NYCFC as opposed to River Plate about the way this shook out. If Taty really wants to go there as opposed to Europe we would likely have him for a half or full season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/julian-alvarez-man-city-transfer-22930890

Texting with Falastur Falastur at the moment.
Curious if Alvarez will be loaned here in July with Taty going the other way.

I think its likely the hangup with Taty to River Plate is that Alvarez isnt actually going to Man City until July or December. I wouldn't assume Taty is upset with NYCFC as opposed to River Plate about the way this shook out. If Taty really wants to go there as opposed to Europe we would likely have him for a half or full season.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/julian-alvarez-man-city-transfer-22930890
Got it. Also, Argentina's transfer window closes Feb. 19, so we won't necessarily know today. This could go on for a little while longer.

Good piece on ESPN today about the possibility of Internacional swooping in (they were confirming other outlets). Apparently we're looking for something in the $15-20 million range, which isn't out of order. Internacional join race to sign NYCFC's Taty Castellanos - sources (espn.com)

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
Nice little piece from Oliver Strand here. Nothing we don't already know, but it's a good summary. He has the Argentine transfer window closing Feb. 23 rather than Feb. 19, though. I haven't been able to find out which is right.

Taty Castellanos transfer rumors: Not going to Europe - Hudson River Blue

As someone who hasn't followed the Taty rumors (because I was sure he'd be gone and replaced by now), that link was really helpful to catch-up on everything -- thanks!