2022 Roster Discussion

Apparently, no one in Europe hit the bid. Taty seems to believe that if no one hit CFG’s bid, then we would let him go to River on loan.

Can River not up their bid? Seems a little weird that Taty is ok waiting for a big bid from Europe with CFG or go to River on loan but still pressuring CFG to go to River. Maybe he should be putting the pressure on River.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can River not up their bid? Seems a little weird that Taty is ok waiting for a big bid from Europe with CFG or go to River on loan but still pressuring CFG to go to River. Maybe he should be putting the pressure on River.

There isn’t a bid. It’s a loan.

That’s what I’m saying. Taty can’t be upset at CFG for trying to the highest value when it is at its peak. If he really wants to go to River, he would pressure them to raise their recruitment. He wants to go to Europe but happy to go to River. That’s what I take away.

That’s what I’m saying. Taty can’t be upset at CFG for trying to the highest value when it is at its peak. If he really wants to go to River, he would pressure them to raise their recruitment. He wants to go to Europe but happy to go to River. That’s what I take away.

I can't see how a loan to river benefits NYCFC/CFG in any way. It sounds to me like the River loan is Taty's desired backup plan. River just sold Julián Álvarez to Man City for a reported $27.5 million but Álvarez is also 21 and coming off a highly productive season. Even if Taty has similar production for River no one is paying $27.5 million for him in another year when he is 24. Honestly how much more would we get beyond the $12.5M that's being reportedly offered from some clubs right now, doesn't seem like it would be a big enough jump to warrant the risk that things don't go well at River and his value actually falls.

The only scenario I can see where a loan makes sense is if CFG sees as a player with enough potential that with one more year of development he'd be an option for Man City and if they can't get $15M for him now they'd rather just keep him on the books in the hopes that he continues to get better and they can slide him to Man City at the end of the loan. If that's the case that stinks from an NYCFC perspective.

Apparently, no one in Europe hit the bid. Taty seems to believe that if no one hit CFG’s bid, then we would let him go to River on loan.

this was expected. no was was going to pay $15M. i thought maybe 10-13 max. even 10 is not bad.

we will see if River can get something going with a bid, but i doubt it they dont spend anything close to $15M on transfers.

which on the flip side screws us over to get someone to replace him. which probably wont be until the summer anyway.

Reactions: Kjbert

The way I’m reading the scenario is that it is Taty’s dream to play for River and that’s the move he is pushing for. He didn’t sign off on any of the teams in Europe.

The way I’m reading the scenario is that it is Taty’s dream to play for River and that’s the move he is pushing for. He didn’t sign off on any of the teams in Europe.
That’s how I read it. The European teams offered money but Taty said no. River Plate wants a loan and NYCFC said no, because they want to get paid.
Which I support, except they did exactly that for Sands.

That’s how I read it. The European teams offered money but Taty said no. River Plate wants a loan and NYCFC said no, because they want to get paid.
Which I support, except they did exactly that for Sands.
He sure seems intent on returning to South America. I don't see either Palmeiras or River Plate coming up to $15m though, especially with his Transfermarkt value being pegged at €7m since the end of the season ($15m converts to about €13.5m). And I think you're right, we don't want to loan him.

This could get a little sticky over the weekend.

Fiorentina has been bandied about, but as someone else pointed out they've already brought in Piatek and the deal for Arthur Cabral will be done shortly, if it hasn't been agreed already. So my Serie A side may have the money, but they'll likely want to spend it elsewhere other than forward, even if Taty were willing to move to Florence.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
I think it’s fair to say Taty won’t play a game in New York anymore. River has more money from the sale of Alvarez to turn around. If a European ups their offer then we will know how Taty really feels.

Reactions: KevinJRogers