2022 Roster Discussion

That's what they are all going for today, I think there was another trade for 2 for 500k so seems like it is the usually rate

i thought they were like 100-150K and only go higher when we close to start of season as time was running out.

well see what they use it for? Unless we were over usual limit and needed it.

Reactions: Kjbert
i thought they were like 100-150K and only go higher when we close to start of season as time was running out.

well see what they use it for? Unless we were over usual limit and needed it.

just need it til we can get these guys some green cards lol

we're limited on international players for USOC. i forget how many, but a lot of our former internationals have green cards now.. like anton.

just need it til we can get these guys some green cards lol

we're limited on international players for USOC. i forget how many, but a lot of our former internationals have green cards now.. like anton.

true, guess santi/ talles/ thiago / amundsen/ acevedo dont have one.

USOC got rid of the rule though since 2020, no longer any limits on foreign players playing on it

true, guess santi/ talles/ thiago / amundsen/ acevedo dont have one.

USOC got rid of the rule though since 2020, no longer any limits on foreign players playing on it

didn't know they removed it. that's a shame.

Have we released our roster news yet? Did I miss it?
I have not seen any news from either Portland or us yet. Probably informing player today. Tomorrow is expansion draft.

Btw, we should be exempted from the expansion draft as a reward. Sucks to be a player at whatever celebration we have tomorrow that is unprotected. Imagine being in a team photo and your phone buzzes saying you've been drafted by Charlotte?

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
They have to give it to the league, but it's up to the teams to share their own roster moves. I don't believe portland has shared theirs either
Just thinking that tomorrow is when everything kicks off for the new season

it should be today? I know protected player lists for expansion draft have to come out today at 2PM or so from the league.

Yeah, I mean more than likely it's going to be this afternoon, as obviously we will know the moves based on what the league reports for free agency and expansion draft stuff

Oh man I can’t imagine being a player and days after winning the biggest award probably in your career you get shipped off to another team, one that is brand new and has very little chance of having the same success right off the bat, that you’ve been working towards for potentially years

Oh man I can’t imagine being a player and days after winning the biggest award probably in your career you get shipped off to another team, one that is brand new and has very little chance of having the same success right off the bat, that you’ve been working towards for potentially years
I know I'm saying this now that we've won mls cup, but in previous years and now, the mls cup winner should also be exempt from the expansion draft. Seems so crazy for the exact reason you're saying.

Devil's advocate, an MLS cup winner in the team is what an expansion team wants.

Reactions: Kjbert and CCMore
I know I'm saying this now that we've won mls cup, but in previous years and now, the mls cup winner should also be exempt from the expansion draft. Seems so crazy for the exact reason you're saying.

Devil's advocate, an MLS cup winner in the team is what an expansion team wants.
But the flip side of that coin is why should a team in a parity league be exempted for being good. It’s definitely crushing from anyone on the losing team’s side but at least it’s fair across the board. In an alternate universe where Seattle won and they got an exemption we would all be crying afoul

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
How much GAM or TAM have we received for winning the Cup?

we should be exempt cause we gave austin ring last year. lol. i know it wasn't part of the expansion draft but it's still giving the newest expansion a player.

yea - agree with those who said it will suck for anybody not protected. but hopefully charlotte doesn't look to get any of our guys

we should be exempt cause we gave austin ring last year. lol. i know it wasn't part of the expansion draft but it's still giving the newest expansion a player.

yea - agree with those who said it will suck for anybody not protected. but hopefully charlotte doesn't look to get any of our guys

they got our captain, back up GK, former GM in Reyna, even one of our kitmen left to go over there.

Oh man I can’t imagine being a player and days after winning the biggest award probably in your career you get shipped off to another team
Alternate view: If you are unprotected on this team you are probably (not definite but probably) one of the most likely players to be upgraded in the offseason. A move at this moment could secure an ongoing starting role vs getting buried in the depth chart.

It's not a lot but it is a bit of a silver lining.