2022 Roster Discussion

i know looking waaaay ahead but this is the competition for next year

MLS
CCL
US OPEN CUP
Campepmes Cup.

lots of players are going to get minutes.

Really excited to see how Haak slots in a back 5 or as a 6.

We need to recruit another CB.

Really excited to see how Haak slots in a back 5 or as a 6.

We need to recruit another CB.

apparently one already was following nycfc and he playes in spain i really cant remember the name. it was in one of the rumor nycfc instagram pages
ill see if i find it.

Edit: Found the name: Santiago Bueno. he plays in girona, maybe following CFG family? but thats where the rumor started. well see. they got like a month to figure this out.

Reactions: Kjbert
Odds on the following players leaving in the next two windows…

Taty - 99%
Maxi - 50%
Sands - 75%
Keaton - 40%
Isi - 25%
Heber - 10%

Reactions: Shwafta
i know looking waaaay ahead but this is the competition for next year

MLS
CCL
US OPEN CUP
Campepmes Cup.

lots of players are going to get minutes.

if we go and become the first MLS team to win CCL next year too.. woooo

Can we make it a quadruple? We have the depth. I don't see why not? Would be absolutely amazing.

Can we make it a quadruple? We have the depth. I don't see why not? Would be absolutely amazing.

the legs man....i know at some point it will come and bite the team. plus who knows who comes and who goes. but you enjoy tonight.

Reactions: Kjbert and CCMore

Assuming we don’t lose TOO much, I would like to see us split squad and give Haak, Malte, Cacha, Isi, Zelalem etc get run outs in some of these comps. We can afford to rotate.

Grey is what you get from a talented 19-YO. There was a lot of good mixed with moments of bad judgment. He had our opening assist against NE and drew the foul for the free kick we scored on today. He also was out of position at times, including on the tying goal.

I love the kid. We weren’t expecting to put this much responsibility on him so quickly, but he’s done well and should only get better.

Assuming we don’t lose TOO much, I would like to see us split squad and give Haak, Malte, Cacha, Isi, Zelalem etc get run outs in some of these comps. We can afford to rotate.

i also just remembered we have our NYCFC II squad next year too. Seems like we're going to be doing a lot of signings this window to fill out the squads.

but yes, those guys need minutes.

Grey is what you get from a talented 19-YO. There was a lot of good mixed with moments of bad judgment. He had our opening assist against NE and drew the foul for the free kick we scored on today. He also was out of position at times, including on the tying goal.

I love the kid. We weren’t expecting to put this much responsibility on him so quickly, but he’s done well and should only get better.
Grey was better defensively and worse offensively than I expected. I also don’t think he’s as quick as I would hope for a FB. Maybe he’s still hurt? He runs kind of funky.

Reactions: Schwallacus
i also just remembered we have our NYCFC II squad next year too. Seems like we're going to be doing a lot of signings this window to fill out the squads.

but yes, those guys need minutes.
I thought amateurs could play for NYCFC 2? Meaning Gloster and Rocha could get run outs next to a 17 year old academy player.

Grey was better defensively and worse offensively than I expected. I also don’t think he’s as quick as I would hope for a FB. Maybe he’s still hurt? He runs kind of funky.

yea. he runs hunched over. i don't know how he can get his legs moving with his body balanced that way. shocked no one has ever tried to correct it cause he would be MUCH faster/quicker and have MUCH better balance if he was upright. when he takes people on 1v1, he always seems to fall over for this reason

I thought amateurs could play for NYCFC 2? Meaning Gloster and Rocha could get run outs next to a 17 year old academy player.

next pro is a pro league. don't think it's for academy players. but no full details have been out so who knows. guess we'll find out in the coming months

i think technically no. its a "pro league" even if its mostly reserve teams

i think technically no. its a "pro league" even if its mostly reserve teams

Interesting. Did we get confirmation that 2 players won’t count against the MLS Cap rules? Are the rosters expanding beyond 30?

Interesting. Did we get confirmation that 2 players won’t count against the MLS Cap rules? Are the rosters expanding beyond 30?

no official details, i just saw tweets alluding to a g league ( NBA) two way type contract can happen. we will find out i guess in coming weeks.

And I might add…At the age of 19 he has won more MLS Cups than any right back in a New England Revolution or RBNJ uniform, ever.

Dating back to ‘96 it took 25 years for the team I supported to win the cup. I’m still in a bit of a daze with an idiot grin on my face. Words are failing me.