2022 Roster Discussion

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Shouldn't we want more out of a DP spot than what we've gotten from Medina?

I tend to agree with K Kjbert that you have to look at how the team has historically used DP slots when trying to decide if we would want one more year of Maxi at a DP level. We tend to treat the DP spots in these conversations as an option with near-limitless exciting possibilities which in theory they are but the club hasn't historically utilized them well or in a number of cases just left them unused entirely.

I tend to agree with K Kjbert that you have to look at how the team has historically used DP slots when trying to decide if we would want one more year of Maxi at a DP level. We tend to treat the DP spots in these conversations as an option with near-limitless exciting possibilities which in theory they are but the club hasn't historically utilized them well or in a number of cases just left them unused entirely.
Thank you. It doesn’t matter if you pay Mack 1.5 million or 8.5 million. It’s a smaller cap hit and better use of the money than scrounging up all your TAM dollars

This raises the question in my mind of how many teams actually get great performance from all 3 DP spots. I think that's pretty rare.

New England has done so this season with Gil, Bou & Buksa, but I think that's it.

Signing any player involves risk, and that's no different for the ones that are expensive.

This raises the question in my mind of how many teams actually get great performance from all 3 DP spots. I think that's pretty rare.

New England has done so this season with Gil, Bou & Buksa, but I think that's it.

Signing any player involves risk, and that's no different for the ones that are expensive.

That's correct. Also there are intangibles related to effort, focus, maturity, etc. Think about Mitrita, whose potential was obviously high (as in his performance in the 4-0 v ATL, and a few others, including playing as a 10) but who was tactically unfocused and never really perfomed for us on a regular basis. It was positive that the scouting team could spot such a talented player in the Romanian league, but it amounted to nothing in the end. Being Peruvian, I cannot tell you how many uber-talented guys leave the domestic league and have an extremely uneven career abroad for lack of professionalism. Medina's case is different, because he just doesn't seem to be talented enough. But Mitrita definitely was.

Reactions: mgarbowski
This is where I get to complain again. He’s always put in a GREAT shift. But for a club that needs the point forward, he’s been a good finisher for roughly 5 months.

I am 100% sure he will be sold tbis winter. He’s earned it. I hope we don’t have growing pains at CF to start 2022

Justin Haak at CB next year. Not sure if Sands goes or not. That’s been quiet. I’m hopeful we only lose one of Parks or Sands. Parks wants a move. I could see Sands staying one more year

Reactions: CCMore
Justin Haak at CB next year. Not sure if Sands goes or not. That’s been quiet. I’m hopeful we only lose one of Parks or Sands. Parks wants a move. I could see Sands staying one more year
Where do you get your info from? Always been curious. (specifically the keaton stuff you wrote)

Reactions: Kjbert
Where do you get your info from? Always been curious. (specifically the keaton stuff you wrote)

Haak from a Hartford FC guy. Parks moving has been stated many times on here. I don’t think that’s news

Reactions: Shwafta
Hoping 2022 is the year of no Medina. Through on goal twice. 0 shots on goal.

he works hard on defense. just has zero speed and no finishing touch. truth be told as bad as he's been in the final 3rd, he was pretty important to our run with his help on defense with a young and inexperienced gray.
Gray was NOT good in the playoffs.

Chanot and Callens were outstanding

Reactions: CCMore
Gray was NOT good in the playoffs.

Chanot and Callens were outstanding

for a 19 yr old kid being thrown into the playoffs with little to no regular season experience, he did pretty damn good. was he anton in the final 3rd? no.

but defensively he was good enough and help from medina made it even better.

if you were expecting gray to be anton 2.0, you were being delusional. he did great given the circumstances. his final pass wasn't there and he made some mistakes, but that is lack of experience and youth for you. not only that, but his natural position is a CB, so he had to learn a lot playing rb. and a rwb at that.

I agree chanot and callens were rock solid this playoffs though.

Didn’t qualify my comments. Just that Tayvon wasn’t very good. I understand the reasons why.
Let’s hope we have a new starting RW next season

If there was a weak link tonight, it was Amundsen, coming on for Gudi. He was pretty good for a stretch of games but then bottomed out, don't know why. Gray was adequate for a while but really tailed off toward the end of the game and became a liability. But I love him, what a young warrior. I've gone... not 180 degrees but let's say 90 degrees on Medina, like M moogoo says he works really hard in midfield, he's not a liability, nor is he an asset though. Callens and Chanot were fucking awesome, is there a better CB pair in the league?

i know looking waaaay ahead but this is the competition for next year

MLS
CCL
US OPEN CUP
Campepmes Cup.

lots of players are going to get minutes.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
If there was a weak link tonight, it was Amundsen, coming on for Gudi. He was pretty good for a stretch of games but then bottomed out, don't know why. Gray was adequate for a while but really tailed off toward the end of the game and became a liability. But I love him, what a young warrior. I've gone... not 180 degrees but let's say 90 degrees on Medina, like M moogoo says he works really hard in midfield, he's not a liability, nor is he an asset though. Callens and Chanot were fucking awesome, is there a better CB pair in the league?
Game should have been killed off twice when he was through on goal. He also wasn’t strong enough on our offensive end with 90 seconds left.