Houston - Postmatch

Listened to the game driving home from a college visit. It doesn’t seem worth watching. If you disagree please say why.

Do you enjoy getting upset at missed chances by us, a defense that was sloppy albeit Houston missed all their chances, and a referee who can eat ass?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Wrong lineup. Wrong formation. Two wrong subs.

The only saving grace is if there is significant changes for Wednesday and we get 3 points

Do you enjoy getting upset at missed chances by us, a defense that was sloppy albeit Houston missed all their chances, and a referee who can eat ass?
giphy.gif

Wrong lineup. Wrong formation. Two wrong subs.

The only saving grace is if there is significant changes for Wednesday and we get 3 points

For the second straight year, why is PV trying to change formation right before the playoffs?

We were the 2nd-best team in the league using a 4-3-3, why are we changing things up? Go with what got you here.

For the second straight year, why is PV trying to change formation right before the playoffs?

We were the 2nd-best team in the league using a 4-3-3, why are we changing things up? Go with what got you here.
What formation did we end up playing anyway? Was it just a 4-5-1? Maxi and TMac were both out on the wings at different times, which is kinda how we play anyway in the 4-3-3. Felt like Villa was more isolated then usual, and never really dropped into midfield to link up play, which I thought was weird, and wasn't sure if that was because he was told to stay high, or that was an indication of him working his way back to 100%

Reactions: Kjbert
Also, really unimportant question that I want to know the answer to, who got the armband when Villa subbed off?

Reactions: Kjbert
What formation did we end up playing anyway? Was it just a 4-5-1? Maxi and TMac were both out on the wings at different times, which is kinda how we play anyway in the 4-3-3. Felt like Villa was more isolated then usual, and never really dropped into midfield to link up play, which I thought was weird, and wasn't sure if that was because he was told to stay high, or that was an indication of him working his way back to 100%
We didn't play with a left winger. Maxi whet where ever and was mostly central. T-Mac was mostly central. Sweat was the only one on the left wing. Wasn't until Wallace subbed in that we had one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee

It kind of looked like a 3-5-2 until the subs, then I think it became more of a 4-3-3. It was weird, and it really didn't work. Our midfield just had no athleticism with Tommy and Pirlo there, and there was no link-up play from the defense up to the forwards.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
It kind of looked like a 3-5-2 until the subs, then I think it became more of a 4-3-3. It was weird, and it really didn't work. Our midfield just had no athleticism with Tommy and Pirlo there, and there was no link-up play from the defense up to the forwards.
Looked like a 4321 or a 4312 with everybody tight in the middle and really only the outside backs providing sustained width. Most of our attacks were the front three with either Sweat or Struna; occasionally Pirlo or Ring would join the foray.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Felt like a pretty standard 4-3-3 except we didn't move the ball forward fast enough to get early width from Harrison, and Maxi was very central.

I am not even going to read this. Our coach is not good. Our team is not good. The bench he set out was atrocious.

Felt like a pretty standard 4-3-3 except we didn't move the ball forward fast enough to get early width from Harrison, and Maxi was very central.
Tell us how good Pirlo was. Please. Because he is the asshole of this club. No doubt. And he's had his best two games ever.

He's just a sorry sack of shit. And TPFKAU is the same. It's a fucking shame anyone pays anything for a team they get in.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb

PV isn't smart. He was a passion player and he's even more ignorant as a coach.

Spoiler, motherfuckers, we lose anything that matters. It's what he does. Until he gets the sack to fire Pirlo and TPFKAU, he will never do better than piss down his pants leg. He's a moron.

I've never been happier to cancel 2k of revenue. They can fuck right off

And we all should realize that Vieira is likely the highest paid coach in MLS.

And we're still paying Kreis $1M/ year until the end of next season.