Houston - Postmatch

Tell us how good Pirlo was. Please. Because he is the asshole of this club. No doubt. And he's had his best two games ever.

He's just a sorry sack of shit. And TPFKAU is the same. It's a fucking shame anyone pays anything for a team they get in.
OK, but what's your alternative. Ya know, just to pretend like we can be constructive?

My opinion is that highly stylized criticism is relatively easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 413Blue
Listened to the game driving home from a college visit. It doesn’t seem worth watching. If you disagree please say why.
Maxi as an inverted winger was interesting. Strunaz was interesting. Sweat showed why we miss Mata. Ring and Villa looked rusty. PV flirted with a different attacking setup. It might come good in 2 or 3 games once players start to understand how to time their runs. I found it interesting, but it depends on what else you have going on. It is better than a kick in the nuts.

Late in the game, Brillant picked up a knock. It might have been a leg cramp.

Anyway, he could barely move after that and therefore had to position himself really deep. He was singlehandedly responsible for keeping Houston players on side on a couple of very dangerous chances.

This calls into greater question Vieira's decision to sub Shelton as we had an emergency in the back that almost cost us the game.

Listened to the game driving home from a college visit. It doesn’t seem worth watching. If you disagree please say why.
Do you need something to be pissed off about?

Do you want to reaffirm my repeated point that it we don't have Herrera the season is over?

Do you doubt that Tpfkau is the sack of crap anyone paying attention claims?

Are you questioning whether Pirlo is in fact done?

Do you wonder if PV is in fact horrible at lineups and subs?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, fire up the damn DVR. Otherwise, just count yourself lucky.

OK, but what's your alternative. Ya know, just to pretend like we can be constructive?

My opinion is that highly stylized criticism is relatively easy.
I didn't even know I posted last night. Glad to know our team is so bad, I shitpost even after 6 liters of Spaten.

Over served and supporting a piss poor club is no way to go through life.

But to answer your question, how about play the kid we kept from going to prep for the u17 WCF? Or start one of our actual wingers? Where was Lewis?

How's that for constructive? How many times do we have to be constructive when our coach shows his ass constantly with completely asinine decisions?

The horrendous aspect of this game is that we could have started a lineup that is as close to being "normal" as is possible until Hererra returns.

At forward, I'm still not sure why Lewis wasn't on the bench, as he's shown well every time he plays, but even without, we could have started our Day 1 lineup of Wallace, Villa, Harrison. We didn't.

At midfield, Maxi and Ring were both playing, albeit Maxi in a foreign role as a winger(?), but to complete the triumvirate, why wouldn't our young stud Sands have been inserted to allow Ring to push slightly higher in Hererra's role (a hybrid 6/8)??? Instead we had the speed of two Model T cars next to Ring: TMac is useless and Pirlo is effectively no better.

On defense, we put out the best lineup available (I don't think Mata is close to 90min) with Struna getting an assist. My issue with him, or more precisely PV starting him, is that a sub should never ever be used on a defender (as a like for like) unless there is an injury or a tactical change (a true RB for a WB when leading). Short of that, if a defender cannot go 90, you don't start them, ever. That's just bad squad management and wasting a valuable sub. RJ has his loss of focus moments each game, but he can go the 90, and he's in better game shape than a new signee. Frankly, I have had no issue with starting Struna if the plan was always to go 3 in the back with his sub (for Okoli or an offensive Mata).

Johnson was money once again and in past years we'd have lost this game if not for his brilliant saves.

Last edited:
Late in the game, Brillant picked up a knock. It might have been a leg cramp.

Anyway, he could barely move after that and therefore had to position himself really deep. He was singlehandedly responsible for keeping Houston players on side on a couple of very dangerous chances.

This calls into greater question Vieira's decision to sub Shelton as we had an emergency in the back that almost cost us the game.
I really hate to defend any decision to sub in Shelton, but Villa looked like he was also struggling. 78th minute it looked like he grabbed his hamstring, and afterwards he was only doing necessary running. He full on sprinted when the next opportunity came for a break, but he wasn't doing any pressing. May have just tightened up on him, but I understand subbing him out.

ETA: and by the look of the team Snapchat, Villa was icing that hammy after the game
IMG_8324.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
Wow i can't believe you put this out here !! Expect your stock level to drop now . This was very sweet but you shouldn't have taken your chances like this ! Thank you !
Haha, I was mostly having fun by taking what you wrote about meeting Pirlo and responding as if you were writing that about meeting me. But I'm earnestly glad that we got to chat and I'm glad you got to meet Pirlo too :)

OK Needed Some time .......Here it is . That Stadium is so Damn Cheap ! It's like High School on steroids. And my Fkn taxes go to it ! Thank you Connecticut !.......On the other hand THANK YOU !!

It was very hot not a cloud in the sky my seat was awesome but i baked with no shade . I went with no expectation of seeing Yet Even Thinking of meeting you know who !!! I met Jack Mumsie Harrison at the tail gate Wow what a Lady she is everything you see and more . Instead of talking to her about her son i thought it would be nice to talk all things England . I asked who her favorite Beatles member is she of course said George Harrison with English wit . Then we talked about the Royals . She was so down to earth , and someone you can have a Pint with on any day.

Still not knowing who was playing I bumped into none other than Mr Jon Patricof thinking this would be the biggest star of the day . What a Nice Man he is !! He took his time with my husband and i wanting to know all about us and where we were from . He was truly Stunned when i told him my story and that i lived 3 blocks from the stadium . I Thanked him for all the kindness he and the organization has shown to Andrea . It was at that point He pointed to the on coming bus and told me to go over Andrea is on it and will play . What a precious moment that was from THE BOSS !

So i went to the bus and watched them exit all i could do was stare as my husband took pictures . When i saw Andrea i couldn't speak i just watched him walk in . I saw Mr Patricof again who then told me where the team would exit after the game . I expected nothing and thanked him again . So after the game i went . Just wanting to watch . But Everyone there and my husband gave me courage and support . When Andrea came by i had my ITALIAN flag and we locked eyes and it happen . He sinned it we spoke I told him I loved him and congratulations on the birth of his twins all the while my husband taking pictures one of the both of us . Very simple very sweet then i watched him with everyone else . I walked to where the bus door was i was the last person he saw as he got on and i just gave him Italian love gestures . I could tell he liked that from a small town to him !! Then I met Jack and thanked him for a great mom . I met young boy Sands and wished him good things for his future and being so respectful to Andrea . Then Last BATMAN David....Damn he's So Cool and deserves that name .

So this was my day so many other things happen but a lot was a blur and coming back to me . GUESS WHAT NYCFC FORUMS ... Andrea's alive and well and woke up in NY this morning Fine !! That's Who I Am and How I Love !!! I cried on the walk home .

Respect to Angela Miller Angela Miller for coming out and getting involved. Despite the nerves and uncertainty, you stepped out and made a real effort. That's cool!

The game was a mixed bag. I'll not overreact on this one only because Toronto, Chicago and RB lost. This is still a less than ideal result and I want to know what's going on with Lewis. Not even in the 18 but not on the injury report? Was he late and put on punishment?

We have Montreal on Wednesday and they just put up 5 on Toronto. We can't go stumbling into the playoffs. We need a win anyway and now it will need to be a statement win against a strong side.

Respect to Angela Miller Angela Miller for coming out and getting involved. Despite the nerves and uncertainty, you stepped out and made a real effort. That's cool!

The game was a mixed bag. I'll not overreact on this one only because Toronto, Chicago and RB lost. This is still a less than ideal result and I want to know what's going on with Lewis. Not even in the 18 but not on the injury report? Was he late and put on punishment?

We have Montreal on Wednesday and they just put up 5 on Toronto. We can't go stumbling into the playoffs. We need a win anyway and now it will need to be a statement win against a strong side.
OH YOU Were Another Story with it's own thread Baby !!!

OK Needed Some time .......Here it is . That Stadium is so Damn Cheap ! It's like High School on steroids. And my Fkn taxes go to it ! Thank you Connecticut !.......On the other hand THANK YOU !!

It was very hot not a cloud in the sky my seat was awesome but i baked with no shade . I went with no expectation of seeing Yet Even Thinking of meeting you know who !!! I met Jack Mumsie Harrison at the tail gate Wow what a Lady she is everything you see and more . Instead of talking to her about her son i thought it would be nice to talk all things England . I asked who her favorite Beatles member is she of course said George Harrison with English wit . Then we talked about the Royals . She was so down to earth , and someone you can have a Pint with on any day.

Still not knowing who was playing I bumped into none other than Mr Jon Patricof thinking this would be the biggest star of the day . What a Nice Man he is !! He took his time with my husband and i wanting to know all about us and where we were from . He was truly Stunned when i told him my story and that i lived 3 blocks from the stadium . I Thanked him for all the kindness he and the organization has shown to Andrea . It was at that point He pointed to the on coming bus and told me to go over Andrea is on it and will play . What a precious moment that was from THE BOSS !

So i went to the bus and watched them exit all i could do was stare as my husband took pictures . When i saw Andrea i couldn't speak i just watched him walk in . I saw Mr Patricof again who then told me where the team would exit after the game . I expected nothing and thanked him again . So after the game i went . Just wanting to watch . But Everyone there and my husband gave me courage and support . When Andrea came by i had my ITALIAN flag and we locked eyes and it happen . He sinned it we spoke I told him I loved him and congratulations on the birth of his twins all the while my husband taking pictures one of the both of us . Very simple very sweet then i watched him with everyone else . I walked to where the bus door was i was the last person he saw as he got on and i just gave him Italian love gestures . I could tell he liked that from a small town to him !! Then I met Jack and thanked him for a great mom . I met young boy Sands and wished him good things for his future and being so respectful to Andrea . Then Last BATMAN David....Damn he's So Cool and deserves that name .

So this was my day so many other things happen but a lot was a blur and coming back to me . GUESS WHAT NYCFC FORUMS ... Andrea's alive and well and woke up in NY this morning Fine !! That's Who I Am and How I Love !!! I cried on the walk home .
Awesome Angela. I'm glad you got to met your hero.

Reactions: Angela Miller

Such a great story, really happy for you, thanks for sharing.

OH YOU Were Another Story with it's own thread Baby !!!
giphy.gif