Mls Cup Playoffs

Post-modern "novel" by Nabokov with an unreliable narrator. Brilliant and funny. First sign the narrator is off comes in the Prologue:
"Pale Fire, a poem in heroic couplets, of nine hundred ninety-nine lines, divided into four cantos, was composed by John Francis Shade ....
A methodical man, John Shade usually copied out his daily quota of completed lines at midnight but even if he recopied them again later, as I suspect he sometimes did, he marked his card or cards not with the date of his final adjustments, but with that of his Corrected Draft or first Fair Copy. I mean, he preserved the date of actual creation rather than that of second or third parts. There is a very loud amusement park right in front of my present lodgings."
Sounds brilliant. If you dig that kind of stuff, check out Lewis Nordan. Brilliant writer. Music of the Swamp and Wolf Whistle are two of the best books I've ever read. Of course, magical realism combined with southern gothic archetypes isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Sounds brilliant. If you dig that kind of stuff, check out Lewis Nordan. Brilliant writer. Music of the Swamp and Wolf Whistle are two of the best books I've ever read. Of course, magical realism combined with southern gothic archetypes isn't everyone's cup of tea.
The only novel I couldn't/didn't finish as an English major was by Faulkner. But I'm older now. I'll check it out. If you read Pale Fire do not Kindle it. I read everything on Kindle now but Pale Fire would be impossible to enjoy in that format. It needs to be in book format.

Red Bulls win. Columbus wins. Dallas wins. All the top seeds have won. Don't fuck this up Vancouver. You're Canada's last hope.

I really like that Dallas is going thru. Homegrowns in abundance, proves that this is the right way to grow a club.

Reactions: Gene
Wow. I've watched about 13 hours of soccer today. As well as the final MotoGP race and some of the Isles game haha Sundays are the best.

Reactions: BxLio91
The only novel I couldn't/didn't finish as an English major was by Faulkner. But I'm older now. I'll check it out. If you read Pale Fire do not Kindle it. I read everything on Kindle now but Pale Fire would be impossible to enjoy in that format. It needs to be in book format.
Nordan is nothing like that. way more Flannery O'Connor than Faulkner. But also really funny. Lightning Song. Meant to say that. I like that one more than Swamp. It's genius stuff.

I'm going to actually order a book and read it for possibly the first time in like 10 years. I hope I remember how.

Reactions: joe and mgarbowski
Wow. I've watched about 13 hours of soccer today. As well as the final MotoGP race and some of the Isles game haha Sundays are the best.

Man City vs. Aston Villa
Tottenham vs. Arsenal
Virginia vs. FSU (ACC Women's Championship, went to PKs) (Watch last 5 minutes of 2OT and PKs)
MLS Playoffs

What a day boys, what a day.

Last edited:
Man City vs. Aston Villa
Tottenham vs. Arsenal
Virginia vs. FSU (ACC Women's Championship, went to PKs) (Watch last 5 minutes of regulation and PKs)
MLS Playoffs

What a day boys, what a day.
I also watched a bit of roller derby and the ACC women's Field Hockey championship game. Ended with a game winner in OT.

Reactions: danger
I really like that Dallas is going thru. Homegrowns in abundance, proves that this is the right way to grow a club.
You're not kidding man. I just checked the roster over on the FCD web page and just about every player on that team is in their 20's. That team is going to be scary good.

Manneh got clipped in front of the box. The ref says no call and Manneh ends up leaving 5 mins later after picking up an injury on that play. MLS refs ladies and gentleman.

You're not kidding man. I just checked the roster over on the FCD web page and just about every player on that team is in their 20's. That team is going to be scary good.
except Blas Perez and it shows. But yeah the rest of that team is either young studs brought in on the cheap (and will sell high if they sell) or HGP. Its awesome.

Portland vs Dallas
Crew vs RB

Portland cannot host MLS Cup no matter what.

Blas Perez won't be around too long. If they can get a skilled and more mobile starting ST, they're going to be even scarier.

I still can't get over how hard that PK by Zimmerman was. It might have carried Frei over the line even if he got in the way.