Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

If we make the playoffs, the narrative is going to turn from "they'll be as terrible on the field as off the field" to "they've had a disappointing season, an early playoff exit is awful. They should have won the cup".

in what world is Lee Nguyen better than Mix? And how is Zardes so low? And why Is Fr*nk the wank on the list?
The one where he already scored 20 goals as a CAM in a better league than Mix has played in, when that league also happens to be the same as the one on which we base the comparison.

I wouldn't trade Mix for Nguyen, but Nguyen is damn good at what he does.

L
Trimmed for the salient point
I think you don't understand what "salient" means. We aren't discussing which one I want on my team. Your initial parameter was what Lee Nguyen was a better MLS player than Mix. My answer is this one, because at least for now, he has an MVP-caliber season's worth of performances to point to.

Mix has a good pre-season run-out against a D III side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kubah
L
I think you don't understand what "salient" means. We aren't discussing which one I won't on my team. Your initial parameter was what Lee Nguyen was a better MLS player than Mix. My answer is this one, because at least for now, he has an MVP-caliber season's worth of performances to point to.

Mix has a good pre-season run-out against a D III side.
I know that you would want the better player on your team.

Haha I saw that last night after going through the CBA article and was like.... what the hell? He must have had a mild stroke.

Seems like everyone has a white away kit this year, except for us of course (and Toronto). We'll be rocking the best kits in the league home and away. I would have preferred white or even sky blue shorts with the black jersey but it's still a sweet look.

I was listening to 880AM this morning and they mentioned the game in Orlando, and the home opener vs NE, it was more like a paid ad but something is something.

I still think a lot of people out there that like the sport don't even know we have a team in NYC

I was listening to 880AM this morning and they mentioned the game in Orlando, and the home opener vs NE, it was more like a paid ad but something is something.
I heard it too. I was in my usual morning fog, but iirc it was around 6:10 AM or so.

Here's an article from this morning's Daily News. If you don't care to read it, at least scroll down to check out the "expert" predictions. ;)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/news-answers-mls-important-questions-article-1.2139369