Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan no one else was supposed to post in that section. You got past because you're under 'International Liason' so I never edited that member group. That's the only reason you were able to make a post.
Aside from that. I told you it was a great idea and something we will continue doing.
I sent an email out that day for everyone to get on and vote and said it was your idea.
I was on BlueCityRadio a couple weeks ago and they brought that up and again I said it was YOUR IDEA.
No ones ever taken that from you. Besides saying thanks and using an idea you have I honestly don't know how else we could show our appreciation. I would think that taking an idea a member has and implementing it and telling everyone it was their idea is by far the greatest show of appreciation and respect. But that's just me.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
With all due respect, Midas - if you were this upset about this, why did you never raise it with us before?

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan no one else was supposed to post in that section. You got past because you're under 'International Liason' so I never edited that member group. That's the only reason you were able to make a post.
Aside from that. I told you it was a great idea and something we will continue doing.
I sent an email out that day for everyone to get on and vote and said it was your idea.
I was on BlueCityRadio a couple weeks ago and they brought that up and again I said it was YOUR IDEA.
No ones ever taken that from you. Besides saying thanks and using an idea you have I honestly don't know how else we could show our appreciation. I would think that taking an idea a member has and implementing it and telling everyone it was their idea is by far the greatest show of appreciation and respect. But that's just me.
I was really just having a joke, but it was poorly executed. No worries at all.

The Daily News chimes in:

NYCFC inaugural game ends in 1-1 draw with Orlando City
nycfcweb9s-web.jpg

ORLANDO - Bloodied and battered, NYCFC goalie Josh Saunders was finally fooled.

An unlucky deflection off defender Jeb Brovksy ruined NYCFC's chances at a franchise opening victory Sunday, as Kaka's free kick in the 91st minute bounced into the back of the net to seal a 1-1 draw for Orlando City in front of a standing-room crowd of 62,510 at the Citrus Bowl.

It was an uncomfortable performance from NYCFC, perhaps expected from a team just recently pieced together from scratch. But it still looked primed for a victory in a hostile environment, scoring on its one and only shot on goal after a bending shot from Mix Diskerud in the 76th minute.

David Villa provided the assist, passing in between a defender's legs to Mix Diskerud, who thread a needle inside the far post from just outside the box. So it was the club's two stars combining on the first goal in franchise history, and it appeared an NYCFC victory was more likely after an Orlando player was ejected in the 83rd minute.

But Kaka - Orlando's Designated Player - secured his franchise's first goal in the final moments.
ORLANDO - Bloodied and battered, NYCFC goalie Josh Saunders was finally fooled.

An unlucky deflection off defender Jeb Brovksy ruined NYCFC's chances at a franchise opening victory Sunday, as Kaka's free kick in the 91st minute bounced into the back of the net to seal a 1-1 draw for Orlando City in front of a standing-room crowd of 62,510 at the Citrus Bowl.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/s...-ends-1-1-draw-orlando-city-article-1.2142120

Reactions: LostAnvil
Reactions: Kjbert
I always wonder how many people who bitch about this have actually been to a soccer game there. I have. I didn't find it awful. I saw a hell of a lot more from my seats there than I have at every location except super premium midfield at RBA. And I don't mean that as an insult to RBA. I just think the sight lines argument is utter shit. You are always turning your head during a match. The damn seats on the side at RBA. aren't noticeably angled toward midfield. And even if they were, YOU WOULD STILL HAVE TO TURN YOUR HEAD TO SEE SHIT.

Again, this smacks of grass-roots pretension. I honestly don't know who is worse, Euro-snobs or MLS "authentics". They can chew on my EPL-loving, NYCFC-supporting, not-so-plastic man sausage. I just love watching soccer, and I experience that best with a team. The consternation over the respective choices we all made is fucking bullshit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-field-bad-shape-nycfc-game-article-1.2146189

The media is already trying to stir the pot about the field not being ready - meanwhile from the beginning it was made known that it would take 3 days to flip the field.

Highlight: After Mark Teixeira complained in Florida that soccer matches in the stadium are “going to tear up the infield,” NYCFC coach Jason Kreis shot back at the Yanks with, “I could turn it around, ask them if they’d take care of it for us.”

Reactions: Gene
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-field-bad-shape-nycfc-game-article-1.2146189

The media is already trying to stir the pot about the field not being ready - meanwhile from the beginning it was made known that it would take 3 days to flip the field.

Highlight: After Mark Teixeira complained in Florida that soccer matches in the stadium are “going to tear up the infield,” NYCFC coach Jason Kreis shot back at the Yanks with, “I could turn it around, ask them if they’d take care of it for us.”

Those photos of the field (or lack thereof) with only 4 days till game day are a bit upsetting. I can't imagine how the field will look on Sunday. I hope there are no significant injuries due to the sod not growing together in time.