Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

This is actually a very intelligently written article. The author "gets it" as far as I am concerned!! As a brand new club, what the hell do people want us to do? We have no real history yet for "organic" songs to grow.... yet these same people would bitch if we sat on our hands all match......

What I have learned so far in my 32 years on this earth, and living in this country for the past 26, you will never get everyone to like you or agree with you. There will always be people that will hate on you no matter what and critic everything you do and say you should have done something else. On the flip side, you will have the other 50% saying, no you should do it this way. Steve Nash said it best....you can't be everything to everyone. It's impossible.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
What I have learned so far in my 32 years on this earth, and living in this country for the past 26, you will never get everyone to like you or agree with you. There will always be people that will hate on you no matter what and critic everything you do and say you should have done something else. On the flip side, you will have the other 50% saying, no you should do it this way. Steve Nash said it best....you can't be everything to everyone. It's impossible.

You mean Ricky Nelson.

"But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

You mean Ricky Nelson.

"But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"
or Ricky Nelson....I am sure many many people have had similar sayings lol...but you get the idea. This team is going to do what is best for the team, the fans and to grow the NYCFC product on the field and off of it. Can't please everyone.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ball-news/man-city-tour-soriano-stays-9361622
Informative balanced article on CFG, MCFC and NYCFC. Some tidbits:
  • Soriano is living in NYC this summer
  • They noticed that the on field MC appearance was given a mixed reception, and did so in a balanced fashion.
  • People love Yaya
Not surprised at all with Yaya being a big hit here in NYC. And what did CFG think was gonna happen when MCFC took the to the pitch? Everybody to cheer for them? Lmao

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ball-news/man-city-tour-soriano-stays-9361622
Informative balanced article on CFG, MCFC and NYCFC. Some tidbits:
  • Soriano is living in NYC this summer
  • They noticed that the on field MC appearance was given a mixed reception, and did so in a balanced fashion.
  • People love Yaya
Not surprised at all with Yaya being a big hit here in NYC. And what did CFG think was gonna happen when MCFC took the to the pitch? Everybody to cheer for them? Lmao

lol i was a culprit in booing but i was surprised pretty much everyone around me booed and the boos were pretty significant i think elsewhere too in the stadium, and i was not in a supporters section btw.

10986183_460375024135959_5269491723404150824_n.jpg

Damn, where can I get a flag like that?

Whenever I'm at a game, I see a plethora of different EPL jerseys, and rarely is one of them Man City. Did City think that all NYCFC fans would convert?
Last game there were so many random jerseys. I haven't seen that to that extent since the home opener.

Obviously I'm attributing it to the casual fans who showed up after watching the cup finals. Saw plenty of Arsenal, Barcelona and even a few Borussia jerseys.

I don't think their plan was to convert fans but to plant seeds. People who don't follow soccer and start to follow NYCFC this season might look for a team in England when the season ends and "oh look this team has almost the same jerseys as we do!"

Reactions: Kjbert
Last game there were so many random jerseys. I haven't seen that to that extent since the home opener.

Obviously I'm attributing it to the casual fans who showed up after watching the cup finals. Saw plenty of Arsenal, Barcelona and even a few Borussia jerseys.

I don't think their plan was to convert fans but to plant seeds. People who don't follow soccer and start to follow NYCFC this season might look for a team in England when the season ends and "oh look this team has almost the same jerseys as we do!"

Great point and I'm happy you brought that up. By my count I saw...Everton, RedBull, Arsenal, Barca, Cruz Azul, Brazil, Spurs, Bayern, Dortmund, Germany, ManU, Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Colombia, PSG, Italy

And probably 10 others.

I love it though. People are soccer fans. And they are choosing to spend their money on OUR team. Now we just need a product that will get them to come back. There is interest in soccer here. And they want an outlet to enjoy it.

I noticed a ton of red in the supporters sections, I figured it was because of Arsenal winning the FA Cup -- I saw at least a few Arsenal jerseys on Saturday.

Reactions: Kjbert

I don´t think it matters one bit to CFG what non-MLS teams people support.. If there´s 50k NYCFC fans out there buying NYCFC merchandise and tickets you can hardly differentiate between say an Arsenal fan buying a NYCFC shirt or a Man City fan buying one.
Or to put it like this.. It hardly matters to Thohir that few Inter fans support DC United or the other way around