Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

Whenever I'm at a game, I see a plethora of different EPL jerseys, and rarely is one of them Man City. Did City think that all NYCFC fans would convert?

I notice this too, makes me think in the next few years one of our DPs will have some Man City lineage. I appreciate that they haven't tried to force the wrong players on us and tried to get the best that are available. You have to think at some point CFG is going to look around at all the Chelsea/Barca stuff in the stadium and want to use a DP of their own to drive a similar MCFC draw.

Edit: unless the assumption is that they will draw the local MCFC fans just by affiliation and they figure why not use the DP spots to help drive numbers by attracting fans of other teams. I could see that as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
I notice this too, makes me think in the next few years one of our DPs will have some Man City lineage. I appreciate that they haven't tried to force the wrong players on us and tried to get the best that are available. You have to think at some point CFG is going to look around at all the Chelsea/Barca stuff in the stadium and want to use a DP of their own to drive a similar MCFC draw.

Edit: unless the assumption is that they will draw the local MCFC fans just by affiliation and they figure why not use the DP spots to help drive numbers by attracting fans of other teams. I could see that as well.

Give it time. I think their plan will work well. It won't be thru DP's, it will be thru their loanees.

Facey was a test run. Seems to have worked ok. On comes Angelino. If he plays a major role for a half season or season and a half, then goes back to MCFC and becomes an EPL star, you better believe their will be a bunch of Angelino jerseys in the stands - "I saw him play here first!"

Give it time. I think their plan will work well. It won't be thru DP's, it will be thru their loanees.

Facey was a test run. Seems to have worked ok. On comes Angelino. If he plays a major role for a half season or season and a half, then goes back to MCFC and becomes an EPL star, you better believe their will be a bunch of Angelino jerseys in the stands - "I saw him play here first!"

Post of the day. Nailed the landing better than Kerri Strug.

Reactions: gbservis

That is the day I am afraid of. I have been an Arsenal fan for years, but as a season ticket holder my allegiances to NYCFC are already so much stronger. If CFG makes NYCFC into an MLS powerhouse and MCFC starts having players on their roster that I watched start out with NYCFC. My EPL fandom is going to become seriously conflicted.

That is the day I am afraid of. I have been an Arsenal fan for years, but as a season ticket holder my allegiances to NYCFC are already so much stronger. If CFG makes NYCFC into an MLS powerhouse and MCFC starts having players on their roster that I watched start out with NYCFC. My EPL fandom is going to become seriously conflicted.

I support Everton. Last season I supported Jozy Altidore and Geoff Cameron and Brek Shea and Brad Guzan. If Everton played Sunderland, I wanted a 3-2 Everton win with a Jozy Brace.

You can do the same.

As a fellow Arsenal supporter, shame on you if that happens!

My relationship with Arsenal is much stronger than NYCFC and I don't expect that to change. I've been living a dying with them for much longer. I don't see any inner conflict on my end though I'm happy to keep the two separate. If there comes a point where an NYCFC player who earned their chops goes back over to City I'll enjoy watching them continue to develop.

As I´ve said dozens of times on here... You find a lovely girl (NYCFC), you date her and perhaps even marry her but you don´t really have to like her parents (MCFC+NYY) ;)

As I´ve said dozens of times on here... You find a lovely girl (NYCFC), you date her and perhaps even marry her but you don´t really have to like her parents (MCFC+NYY) ;)

haha very true, but her parents will test your resolve if they keep buying you Ferrari's.

As a fellow Arsenal supporter, shame on you if that happens!

My relationship with Arsenal is much stronger than NYCFC and I don't expect that to change. I've been living a dying with them for much longer. I don't see any inner conflict on my end though I'm happy to keep the two separate. If there comes a point where an NYCFC player who earned their chops goes back over to City I'll enjoy watching them continue to develop.

Not saying I plan to cave, I could never bail on Arsenal, just acknowledging that CFG has the power to put my fandom in an awkward spot. Unless of course they pull some more Lampard type crap, then I should have no issues.

Dad is ok, though he's a bit of a hard ass. Mom is a bitch though.

Honestly I find my attachment to NYCFC to already far outstrip my feelings to any European based club. New York is a city that means something to me and this team represents the city and I can get there on a pretty regular basis to support in person which is IMO a far more intimate experience than watching on television. If your expat that's one thing but for me I'd no more root for a European club (even one I've followed for years) over NYCFC than I would any other national team to be USA.

Reactions: Paul and BxLio91
I never understand people attaching themselves to clubs forms cities that have nothing to do with them, over there hometown team.
Some people lack proper upbringing. I came from a non-sports household and grew up in an area where no one I knew watched sports. Got no guidance.

Then I moved to a town where everyone was into sports. So I chose a bunch of "favorite" teams from my old town, my new home and other places. After rooting for them for a couple of months I found I was committed.

That's one of the wonders of sports. Our attachments to our teams are often completely irrational. But it doesn't stop us living them and wearing their wins and losses on our sleeves.

I never understand people attaching themselves to clubs forms cities that have nothing to do with them, over there hometown team.

It´s about attaching yourself to the idea, the mythos of a particular club I think.. That´s why many clubs often attract a certain group of fans that might be living anywhere really.

Reactions: Tiger Jones

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm a die hard NY sports fanatic - Yankees, Rangers, Knicks and now NYCFC. Arsenal is the team that made me fall in love with soccer so they'll always have a special place in my heart. The NYCFC experience is too new for me to choose them over Arsenal but I love that I finally have a hometown team that I can relate to. Time may change that but for now it is what it is.

Do tou Really expect people to turn and support man shitty? If that the case you need to fully undertake support as far as epl teams go...it is not like here where people change alliances based on where some on moves to and this comment leads more as to why nycfc is man city c team