Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

Great Caesar's Ghost

11060875_10152911162992610_1344357448553583206_n.jpg

oh man this will be used or probably already being used to try and ridicule lampard more than anyone in that pic

There are much better breast cancer charities to support. Susan G Komen spend most of their money on advertising, marketing, administrative salaries than actual cancer research.

well thats disappointing

Am I the only one getting sick of seeing the team being distracted by media opportunities ? It's beginning to feel like they are off gallivanting the city more than they are at the training center. And when they are there , its for an hour. Im really , really starting to doubt the training / coaching staff. I have been noticing it for a while now but it's starting to become clearer week by week. This is not a dig towards the tutu charity situation , more towards that ridiculous spread of our DPs oiled up looking scrawny as all hell and miserable.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Am I the only one getting sick of seeing the team being distracted by media opportunities ? It's beginning to feel like they are off gallivanting the city more than they are at the training center. And when they are there , its for an hour. Im really , really starting to doubt the training / coaching staff. I have been noticing it for a while now but it's starting to become clearer week by week. This is not a dig towards the tutu charity situation , more towards that ridiculous spread of our DPs oiled up looking scrawny as all hell and miserable.

sure i notice that, but maybe its the club that makes them do this not really the coaching staff? though yes longer closed in training sessions seem to needed more now since we got everyone.

sure i notice that, but maybe its the club that makes them do this not really the coaching staff? though yes longer closed in training sessions seem to needed more now since we got everyone.

Isn't the majority of the staff from RSL too ? Maybe everyone is too comfortable with each other. This may sound crazy but sometimes when it becomes too many chiefs and not enough indians , problems occur. I wouldn't be surprised if the staff gets a re vamp per CFG. I have this slight feeling that its more than "team needs time to gel". . . One thing I do know is that only time will tell lol

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
There are much better breast cancer charities to support. Susan G Komen spend most of their money on advertising, marketing, administrative salaries than actual cancer research.
All of these things might be necessary to scale their work. What about using absolute efficacy of cancer research rather relative quantity of cancer research as a measure of... you know, whether or not Frank should be training in a tutu.

Also, how related is this to his quad injury?

All of these things might be necessary to scale their work. What about using absolute efficacy of cancer research rather relative quantity of cancer research as a measure of... you know, whether or not Frank should be training in a tutu.

Also, how related is this to his quad injury?
Quad injury unknown. But non profs are generally very poorly assessed and measured. However one pretty consistently used metric is percent of money raised that goes to purpose of charity vs admin and overhead.

I'm hoping we revamp the coaching staff. Something isn't working for us and I don't want to blame the players. They aren't the one's who decide our lineup or our tactics. they are merely forced to make the most out of their situation. And quite frankly, I blame the coaches for not preparing them enough to deal with their situation.

In hindsight, some of this should fall on the players for underperforming. It's not entirely the coaches fault. Just mostly.

Reactions: NYCFC914
So no one is going to mention the New York mag photo spread? I mean, it's Donovan drinking from a fountain bad.

Reactions: Paul

I know I'm going back a couple of days in the conversation (I've been off on holiday) but I thought it was worth pointing out: this is how every professional team works these days. Like it or not, your body can't handle 7 hours of fitness training 6 days a week in the same way you can handle 7 hours of office work that often, and teams make their players fill downtime with charity work.

In many leagues this is not just the standard but is expected. As I understand it, the Premier League actually mandates the minimum hours per week that every registered player must spend in charity and philanthropic appearances for the purposes of exercising football teams' duty of responsibility to community care. In fact I believe that some teams even make their academy players spend a certain amount of time on it, too.

Reactions: FootyLovin