Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

Decent amount of NYCFC talk today on Sirius. Amazing that Gerrard played this weekend, the USMNT played this weekend and Lampard was a no show - yet the most MLS discussed team was NYCFC today.

I listen to Mike & Mike every morning and this morning every commercial they've been promoting this podcast "Over the Ball" The commercial is about NYCFC adding Andrea Pirlo, Frank Lampard and could they soon be joined by Dragba. It's good to see us getting commercials on a national radio show. The website for the podcast is ESPN.COM/podcast I haven't listened to it just got happy to hear them talk about our club on every commercial break. The commercials may be different for TV or radio I am streaming the show online.

Watched the special and it was pretty embarrassing that one of the camera guys tried to get Lampard to say "he achieved World Cup glory" as part of the promo - real cringe worthy
I remember that, at first I thought it was a joke to loosen up Frank since what they were doing was very monotonous. I liked how he handled it though mentioning that that bit was for Pirlo haha

I think he's just subtracting 17,000 from 27,000 and realizing that it does not leave a lot of tickets left when there is a big event.

Still, it's great news that we are exceeding capacity for another game this season. Let's hope the fans go away happy.

The Party begins!

http://nypost.com/2015/07/22/andrea-pirlo-i-didnt-join-nycfc-for-a-retirement-tour/

"snip"
“I haven’t come here to go on retirement. I came here because I want to play and because I want to win,”
So Pirlo came to New York, a city he has loved, and to MLS, a league to which he always has shown respect. He will take English classes daily, has signed for a lower-than-expected $2 million deal, and said he’s willing to play on turf and in the heat (“They have artificial turf in Europe. They have heat as well,’’ he said wryly) and blend in with his new teammates.
“To come here to the U.S. was one of my objectives, and I feel I’m very, very lucky to have made it not only to the U.S., but to New York City,’’ Pirlo said. “If you just say New York, that says it all. It’s the most important city in the world.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/23/andrea-pirlo-nycfc-mls-new-york-city-fc

“I’ve always been used to playing 60 games, one every three days. I’ve played on artificial turf; there is artificial turf in Europe as well. There is heat there as well. If its hot for me at 110 degrees Fahrenheit, its hot for the others as well,” Pirlo said. “I think that the physical condition actually will [be] important; I’m coming from one month vacation, so I’ll need to work on that.”

Reactions: Kjbert
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/07/23/andrea-pirlo-nycfc-mls-new-york-city-fc

“I’ve always been used to playing 60 games, one every three days. I’ve played on artificial turf; there is artificial turf in Europe as well. There is heat there as well. If its hot for me at 110 degrees Fahrenheit, its hot for the others as well,” Pirlo said. “I think that the physical condition actually will [be] important; I’m coming from one month vacation, so I’ll need to work on that.”

Fat Frank

Reactions: Kjbert