Salary Cap Available For Another Big Signing

I was curious and decided to read the MLS rules about the salary cap. NYCFC allocation money can be used to sign players new to MLS and that allocation money spent on salary does not count toward the salary cap. MLS policy is to not make public the amount of allocation money each team has. I seem to remember we were making trades for extra allocation money before the season started. Taylor is on the season-ending DL list and his salary does not count toward the cap. At this point it seems like the Club can put Josh Williams and/or George John on season ending DL and clear salary cap and roster space that way.
Sometimes you guys do stuff like this (re: read) and I'm so proud.

tumblr_inline_mrtj4ek86f1qz4rgp.gif

PS I'm not sure if Williams will come back, go on DL or just retire.

Sometimes you guys do stuff like this (re: read) and I'm so proud.

tumblr_inline_mrtj4ek86f1qz4rgp.gif

PS I'm not sure if Williams will come back, go on DL or just retire.

Really? Because it always makes me think, "what the fuck did you think it was before and why did you wait so long to find out?"

Reactions: sbrylski
Really? Because it always makes me think, "what the fuck did you think it was before and why did you wait so long to find out?"
Well all us elder statesmen approach novices in different ways. This time, I want to be good cop.

Plus it's better to see improvement than backtracking rumor and conspiracy theory.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

On this site we have Dan bucks. In MLS I thought there were Don (Garber) bucks that could be used on players whenever Don decided teams could spend them, not that there were written rules. Why Beckham would Beckham I Beckham ever Beckham think Beckham that instead of looking it up?

On this site we have Dan bucks. In MLS I thought there were Don (Garber) bucks that could be used on players whenever Don decided teams could spend them, not that there were written rules. Why Beckham would Beckham I Beckham ever Beckham think Beckham that instead of looking it up?

Maybe if I get enough Dan Bucks I can open up an expansion team in Miami.

Reactions: Kjbert
As exciting as Pirlo is (tho now anticlimactic), I really want to hear some more about the rumored European striker. Villa has sometimes looked ok up top alone, but mostly he's looked ineffective, and Kreis seems to have lost confidence in any of the other strikers on the roster.

I was hoping a 4-4-2 diamond or a 4-1-4-1 would work out, but with our personnel I think we are forced into a 4-2-2-2 look - Jacobson with Pirlo deep, Villa with a strike partner, and Lampard with Mix (or Mac/Ballouchy/Poku in his absense) in the advanced midfield. But we still haven't filled the second striker spot.

What are Julian Green's wages? Can't hurt to approach Bayern about a loan deal with an option to buy.

What are Julian Green's wages? Can't hurt to approach Bayern about a loan deal with an option to buy.

In a vaccum, I would love Green on the team. But he basically plays the same position as Villa. I don't think they would compliment each other up top, unless you put them both on the wing with a big target forward in between, but we can't run that with both Pirlo and Lampard in our midfield.

In other words, I'm ok with signing Pirlo, but we gotta turn our focus to building a team now, rather than just collecting players.

EDIT: Not to mention that Green is 99.99% not coming to MLS any time this decade.

Plus, with how physical the league is, he'll get hacked to death. Let's not let the Belgium goal put rose colored glasses on our eyes.

Who are you guys hoping that we add this summer? In a perfect scenario.

Who are you guys hoping that we add this summer? In a perfect scenario.

Roman torres, or any decent cb or cdm. We need defensive bite to prevent yesterday happening again.

Or rodolph austin.. Tough cdm that is lightyears better than jacobson

Last edited: