2016 Playoff Projections, or Hope By The Numbers

If we do clinch this weekend, it's going to be displayed on a social media post.

Even that intern that posted the New Years news about Lamps to Man City couldn't screw up that post!

Reactions: JayH
We make the playoffs if NJRB beats Montreal this weekend because with the loss this weekend they are on 38 points and can win the next 3 games to be on 47. Meanwhile NE wins their next 3 games to be on 45. We are on 48. The last game of the season they play each other and they can't both have 48.

Meanwhile ORL and DC are both on 34 and have 5 games to play but they play each other twice, so only one of the 2 two teams can catch us.

Toronto NJRB and Philly could all finish ahead of us. Only one of NE-Montreal can finish ahead of us and only one of ORL-DC can finish ahead of us guaranteeing us 6th place and a spot in the playoffs.

Now that I figured that out I don't care because I just want Montreal to beat the Red Bulls.

Looking at the standings right now, Dallas has 53 points, but next is the table is five teams all on 48 points (TOR, RBNY, NYCFC, LAG, COL). Yes some of them have played more games than others but just goes to show the parity in the league. And a lot in terms of seeding (and CCL spots - TOR and DAL don't count) over the last weeks of the season.

Looking at the standings right now, Dallas has 53 points, but next is the table is five teams all on 48 points (TOR, RBNJ, NYCFC, LAG, COL). Yes some of them have played more games than others but just goes to show the parity in the league. And a lot in terms of seeding (and CCL spots - TOR and DAL don't count) over the last weeks of the season.

Yes, it is tight. We also have the tiebreaker over Colorado and LA at the moment, but not the others.

Yes, it is tight. We also have the tiebreaker over Colorado and LA at the moment, but not the others.
COL is a pipe dream. No way we keep pace with them having 2 games in hand. But LA with 2 games left against DAL, that we can compete with. Especially if COL wins their games in hand, giving DAL something extra to play for in their final game of the season.