2022 Roster Discussion

Surprised by Gudi. His goal against Atlanta started our Renaissance at the end of the season, and he had several assists during the run. Perhaps he is going back to Europe.

I hope Héber can get back to where he was in 2019. He has a ways to go.

Can someone who is better at following off the ball action tell me what Acevedo brings to the table? I thought he was a disappointment. I don't remember him featuring much in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
Surprised by Gudi. His goal against Atlanta started our Renaissance at the end of the season, and he had several assists during the run. Perhaps he is going back to Europe.

Can someone who is better at following off the ball action tell me what Acevedo brings to the table? I thought he was a disappointment. I don't remember him featuring much in the playoffs.

Very good distribution. Like Maxi but deeper lying. He needs to be partnered with a destroyer like Morales or Ring I think to play his best game.

Reactions: gbservis
Acevedo was hurt and hasn't played since September. He returned and made the roster the last two playoff games but did not play, but you can't really take anything from that.

I said this before. CFG would be stupid to let him leave the Umbrella right now. Sell him to CFG for max allocation money and not a dime more.

He would thrive right now playing in the Championship

Assuming no Taty, he may not get a free pass next year. He’s obviously not ready to lead a line
I don’t agree with that because we really don’t know. He wasn’t given too many opportunities aside from coming in as a late sub. Taty held that down and with his work rate played 90 minutes every game. I certainly didn’t see Taty doing what he did this year but the Heber injury offered him an opportunity and he took it and likely got himself a European plane ticket because of it.

I think this team gets better next year. If we take that Medina spot and sign a REAL DP there’s no reason for us not to play better football next year. If Taty does go for over $10m and one of our Brazilians walks in to fill that spot a solid DP replacement to Medina should be our biggest priority. Gudi is surprising but do we really gripe as much had he not assisted a couple playoff goals and lifted the cup? I think they trust Malte there for now as well as Gray on the right until Tinnerholm is back.

Reactions: danger and Kjbert
$20M minimum

There have only been two outgoing transfers in MLS history for more than $11 million, and both were by Atlanta United (Almiron - $26M, P. Martinez - $18M)

Taty is going for eight figures, that much is clear. Does he get to Pity's number? Alphonso Davies is the third-highest outgoing transfer in MLS history, at $11M. Have to think Taty is worth more than that at this point.

Reactions: Kjbert
While we don't get any GAM for winning MLS Cup, should a player of ours be taken in the Expansion Draft we'd receive 50K GAM in compensation and be excluded from selection in the 2022 Expansion Draft (St. Louis)

While we don't get any GAM for winning MLS Cup, should a player of ours be taken in the Expansion Draft we'd receive 50K GAM in compensation and be excluded from selection in the 2022 Expansion Draft (St. Louis)

I thought we get money for winning the Cup? Or is it for qualifying for CCL?

Was I right about the max allocation money for selling a player? I think the formula caps out at $10 million?

I said this before. CFG would be stupid to let him leave the Umbrella right now. Sell him to CFG for max allocation money and not a dime more.

He would thrive right now playing in the Championship
I’m pretty certain MLS Has to approve all transfer sales, and pays extra special attention to sales to related entities.

Last edited:
Reactions: gbservis

others have pointed out his positive attributes...

I think he had a decent showing when he played but can definitely get better if he:

1) learns to play quicker (his ball retention is not as good as maxi's)
2) learns to play stronger on the ball or at least learns to take advantage of his weaker stature (like maxi)

Reactions: Kjbert