2022 Roster Discussion

I wonder if it has to do with the copa libertadores victory?

maybe? but they back to back champs so they had good money from last time. the issue seems to be that they already had other debts so that money had to go there.

taty this past week said in argentina media that europe is the next step and he has offers but checking to see what works.

Didn't they have cash flow problems in the Spring? It seems unlikely that has changed so much that they suddenly can pay an even higher fee now.
The rumored fee that they couldn't pay before was $4m. The fee has to be at least 3x that now, likely closer to 4x.

I need to update that post from above to now say "thrice" rather than "double". And I think I'd even be disappointed with 3x at the moment.

Any intel on the latest assessment of Haak? K Kjbert maybe you have heard something? Does he provide any cover for the schedule glut and/or potentially losing players like Sands, etc.? Is he a guy who can start at this level?

Reactions: Kjbert
Any intel on the latest assessment of Haak? K Kjbert maybe you have heard something? Does he provide any cover for the schedule glut and/or potentially losing players like Sands, etc.? Is he a guy who can start at this level?

No updated info. He played very well for Hartford this year as the pivot in a back 3. Ran the game from a hybrid CB/6 role. To my eyes, he’s certainly ready. He also grew about 3 inches.

No updated info. He played very well for Hartford this year as the pivot in a back 3. Ran the game from a hybrid CB/6 role. To my eyes, he’s certainly ready. He also grew about 3 inches.
When i met him at the RSL game way back, he was shorter than me. Then at the championship event in portland he was a head taller than me. wtf!

Here’s the other thing in watching him play this season. He plays the City way. I think he will look much better, much more comfortable playing for us than if he was thrown into the deep end for Philly or New England.

Him “getting it” is a big deal.

I was thinking that he was like 6’3” last year, now he’s 6’6”?! Soon he would be making more money hoopin for the Knicks

Lol no. I think he’s a legit 6’2” or 6’3”

In terms of how he played this year, I think he’s much more Acevedo than Sands. Solid in possession. Very good going forward with a pass. Sands much more content tiki taka up the pitch. Haak more aggressive offensively. I didn’t see him in a back 2. I don’t know if he can play a back 2 but at minimum he’s a back 3 CB. Still think we need a CB unless they think Vuk is good.

Lol no. I think he’s a legit 6’2” or 6’3”

In terms of how he played this year, I think he’s much more Acevedo than Sands. Solid in possession. Very good going forward with a pass. Sands much more content tiki taka up the pitch. Haak more aggressive offensively. I didn’t see him in a back 2. I don’t know if he can play a back 2 but at minimum he’s a back 3 CB. Still think we need a CB unless they think Vuk is good.

You could tell Haak is more offensive than Sands based on academy highlight reels in which he is featured dribbling through the 18 and scoring. Sands would never do that.

Good to hear he's progressed so much. Would love to see him get some real minutes this season. He's the only homegrown left who hasn't featured for us (not counting mcfarlane)

Lots of depth next year still. For those worried about the run of games early season, assuming health.

GK: Johnson
LB: Malte, Gloster
RB: Gray
CB: Chanot, Callens, Vuk, Haak
CM: Parks, Morales, Acevedo, Zelalem, Haak
CAM: Maxi, Santi
W: Thiago, Jasson, Talles
F: Heber

Glaring needs here for multiple wide players, a RB, CB and a 9.

I'm very much looking forward to what he will do in 2022 now that he had some experience playing and is finally fully fit. We just need to find his best position and get him the minutes he needs to truly develop and shine.

He looked so much better in the last few games and the playoffs. Really excited for his future.

Reactions: Higgs1
I'm very much looking forward to what he will do in 2022 now that he had some experience playing and is finally fully fit. We just need to find his best position and get him the minutes he needs to truly develop and shine.

His lack of pace is troubling to me. Could he be a 10?? Is he a 9, but not in our pressing system? Interesting player

What’s the deal again with transfers and allocation money coming back to NYCFC if Taty, for example, is sold?

When Jack was sold I though it was like we got half of the fee in xAM, but that’s not right.