2022 Roster Discussion

We have fewer glaringly obvious needs this year as in prior years. I don't think we need a new starter at any position. We need backups at both fullback positions and at centerback. Maybe at striker and center mid.

Now, we have 2 DP spots open, so there is an opportunity to upgrade starters at a couple spots, but if that waits until summer, we have a strong deep team until then.
I'm curious if Taty would be a DP if he stays. He did sign a new contract mid-season last year, but we dont have any specifics on it.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'd like some backup at CB, Vuk didn't impress much in his few appearances last year. Would like to have 2 potential options behind Callens and Chanot, especially since Chanot isn't getting any younger.

Parks and Morales are good, maybe give Haak some more time this year, give the kid a chance to show himself?

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
I'd like some backup at CB, Vuk didn't impress much in his few appearances last year. Would like to have 2 potential options behind Callens and Chanot, especially since Chanot isn't getting any younger.

Parks and Morales are good, maybe give Haak some more time this year, give the kid a chance to show himself?
This is also a good point because Sands was our third CB and he's no longer here. I'd say Tayvon but then we have nothing at RB.

Maybe they're seriously considering one of the draft picks? I'd much rather us signing a high caliber defender to challenge Chanot/Callens, which would be saying something bc Chanot/Callens are one of the stingiest defending duos in the league lol.

I completely forgot he exists. Kinda like JPT for a while. Hopefully Gloster can show us something!
In very, very limited minutes, I thought Gloster showed some great stuff last year.

Now that was an incredibly small sample size, so thing to get too excited about. But I thought he showed he could contribute in a positive manner to this team and hopefully another full offseason and some more consistent minutes will help with that.

In very, very limited minutes, I thought Gloster showed some great stuff last year.

Now that was an incredibly small sample size, so thing to get too excited about. But I thought he showed he could contribute in a positive manner to this team and hopefully another full offseason and some more consistent minutes will help with that.

Agree. Not to mention he was played out of his preferred left back position too.

Also mostly on the right

L

i know both Nico and Kwaku are CB’s by trade so maybe they’re holding out hope that one of them rises to the challenge.

They just posted new training photos that include Taty, HOWEVER ... at least one of the photos they posted this morning in the gallery was tweeted on Jan. 19. So there is a non-zero chance there's some funny business going on there. The mystery deepens.

Barco on loan.

My friend who is a River fan this morning (Argentinian) said that they’re selling a kid to Man City and then using that money to buy Taty. That’s the rumor on the River Plate message board.

The rumor is basically that if taty is not sold in this window, then river wants taty to replace their sold player in the summer (who I think man city may loan back to them)

They just posted new training photos that include Taty, HOWEVER ... at least one of the photos they posted this morning in the gallery was tweeted on Jan. 19. So there is a non-zero chance there's some funny business going on there. The mystery deepens.
Yeah I think they just accumulated the photos throughout the camp so far and the latter ones didn’t have him. On another spread of 4 photos today, no Taty. Weird because he’s the marquee guy. Hmm.

Reactions: Kjbert and Higgs1