2022 Roster Discussion

Barco on loan.

My friend who is a River fan this morning (Argentinian) said that they’re selling a kid to Man City and then using that money to buy Taty. That’s the rumor on the River Plate message board.
Here's the Transfermarkt story as of today: Palmeiras and River Plate want Castellanos - NYCFC can expect MLS record fee | Transfermarkt

Someone else has probably posted about this already, but it looks like Julián Álvarez to Man City is a done deal. They're loaning him back to River Plate until the end of the season, though. (It's also an €18.5m transfer fee, which is ballpark for what we were looking for. I'm not sure if that matters.)

So are we keeping our guy until the Argentine Primera División wraps up? Their season runs from June to October.

I just checked, and Palmeiras is in their state league now, January through April; Brasileiro Série A then runs from May to December. So it's a safe bet if Taty is going to Brazil it would be right away. I'm not sure if they're willing to come up to the number yet. (According to Fantazma Fantazma above, they're not and they've walked away.)

Last edited:
Bribing likes? Is that what this board has come to?

(Says the guy who liked the post.)
I wanted to like the post because I agree it is extremely unlikely Heber scores 20 but with the challenge instructions, "Liking" means I think he will get 20. It was all very fraught and complicated.

What I've learned in past transfer windows is that 4 days is a lot of time. I doubt he'll be with us, if he even left training to go do whatever he did, which is probably go sign with a different club a la River.

Why is everyone so sure he left training? Did someone post something? Or are we just assuming cause he wasn't in some training pics and video?

He was in the media day pics..

I was surprised he was in the media say pics

Other rumors online that Rocco Commisso wants him at Fiorentina

Reactions: Victors87