2022 Roster Discussion

I do think we could use a stud 8. Would like to be 6 starters deep in the midfield:

10 - Maxi, Santi
8 - [?], Parks
6 - Morales, Acevedo

I think Haak and Zalelem are deep bench guys.

Wouldn't be too excited about Wilshere though.

No thanks. Too old and injury prone for our roster strategy.

he's 30, younger than villa and i think same age as Maxi when he came. still the potential DP spot and injury prone is a no from me. id be kinda ok as TAM

Reactions: Yankeedom
No last name.
50 followers.
Joined Twitter November 2021.
This is an actual Twitter anonymous account.

He also really loves Jesus Medina.

He had a whole series of over the top Medina tweets in December.

it just feels like those tweets certain people tweet out fake rumors on purpose just to troll ( and get an actual news site like ESPN to bite). I think even Hercules Gomez has fallen for them as well.

We're really doing this again? For the second straight day, we're trusting a Twitter user with no discernible newsgathering chops? Just because someone puts something on Twitter doesn't make it true.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
We're really doing this again? For the second straight day, we're trusting a Twitter user with no discernible newsgathering chops? Just because someone puts something on Twitter doesn't make it true.

tbf Jonathan sometimes has more info than regular fans but not gonna call him an insider. also the concern was somewhat validated ( or just add on to it) by blue city radio saying in the interview with Ian, apparently he said hes not sure whats going on this year.

Reactions: Kjbert
tbf Jonathan sometimes has more info than regular fans but not gonna call him an insider. also the concern was somewhat validated ( or just add on to it) by blue city radio saying in the interview with Ian, apparently he said hes not sure whats going on this year.

I thought Joe and Ian don't start anyway until later bc the away games will be taken care of by the announcers from the other locations... So maybe they will only start a few weeks in?

I thought Joe and Ian don't start anyway until later bc the away games will be taken care of by the announcers from the other locations... So maybe they will only start a few weeks in?

i think they mean in terms of schedule for the year. A follow up tweet from blue city radio said that usually close to these dates the YES schedule for nycfc games would be released, and it has not this time around.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
i think they mean in terms of schedule for the year. A follow up tweet from blue city radio said that usually close to these dates the YES schedule for nycfc games would be released, and it has not this time around.

YES's first game is March 5, so there's still a few weeks.

does this go here or academy thread? this GAM is for use with the senior team, so I'm putting it here.

Sounds like he’s going to play for them too. We have guys that can’t break through in our Academy now playing in Scotland and Ohio.

Reactions: Higgs1
Another homegrown’s rights traded away for 50K GAM. I wonder whether NYCFC doesn’t believe the player is good enough to sign for the first team or whether the player wants to be apart of another club instead.

don't know how old they are, but maybe their family is moving to houston and asked the club to make a deal?

he's 18. probably felt he had a better chance at another club or houston was knocking and wanted him?