2022 Roster Discussion

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
giphy.gif
top ten movie of all time

Reactions: Kjbert and Revfugee
Been in desperate need for a left-footed attacker.

This is a detailed breakdown of his game from 2020 which I'm sure somewhat still applies to him.

ill need salary cap experts clear this out for me on how he fits within the rules? Hes U22 initiative but the transfer fee was mentioned to be about $5M. is his contract 5 years so reduce Salary cap impact and not fall under the thresholds for DP?

Reactions: Kjbert
Been in desperate need for a left-footed attacker.

This is a detailed breakdown of his game from 2020 which I'm sure somewhat still applies to him.

"Gabriel started his career as a full-back in Guarani and became a midfielder in Corinthians. Because of this, even when playing as a winger, he helps a lot in defense, having the defensive one-versus-ones and interceptions as important weapons in his game."

Sounds like a perfect fit for the way we use our wingers.

"Gabriel started his career as a full-back in Guarani and became a midfielder in Corinthians. Because of this, even when playing as a winger, he helps a lot in defense, having the defensive one-versus-ones and interceptions as important weapons in his game."

Sounds like a perfect fit for the way we use our wingers.
Especially where he's most likely to play in Medina's spot.

ill need salary cap experts clear this out for me on how he fits within the rules? Hes U22 initiative but the transfer fee was mentioned to be about $5M. is his contract 5 years so reduce Salary cap impact and not fall under the thresholds for DP?

For 2021 (so assuming for 2022), in addition to the reduced cap hit of $150k or $200k depending on age:
  • Clubs may pay, without limit, additional amounts in the form of acquisition fees (i.e. transfer or loan fees).
edit: Also, I couldn't remember how Talles was signed and if he was part of the same initiative, but he's not. It's because his salary exceeds the maximum for U22 as opposed to Young DP. From an Athletic article last May: "Talles Magno is young enough to qualify for the U-22 initiative, but [David] Lee said that his salary is more than the $612,500 annual threshold required to be eligible for the designation." So Pereira's transfer fee doesn't factor in at all, and his salary is less than $612,500 (or whatever the 2022 amount is) and the cap hit/budget charge is only $150,000 because he's 20 (or some similar amount/change for 2022)

Last edited:
I thought we already had three U22s. So Acevedo goes back to counting against the cap.

Team site lists him as U22

i stand corrected. it was never in any of his contract signing announcements that I recall.

guess our u22 are him, thiago, and the new guy based on the team roster on the website.

Reactions: Kjbert
i stand corrected. it was never in any of his contract signing announcements that I recall.

guess our u22 are him, thiago, and the new guy based on the team roster on the website.
I think the U22 thing was widely known and speculated about at the time, but not officially acknowledged publicly by the league.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo