2022 Roster Discussion

Leeds is my favorite option yet as it would let me watch Taty and Jack Harrison at the same time.

the only issue is that they a little too close to the relegation spots. and bielsa may not even be there next year ( he is always a year to year man sometimes less). if its a new manager then he may not want taty.

Reactions: gbservis
If it is Leeds, their window is closed so they can't sign him until the summer.

yes the original report from a river plate fan site that leeds is ready for a purchase in the summer. of course im asking to take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Kjbert
How would he qualify for a work permit?

per this video from a USL player he breaks down the points needed to play in the UK, although its for an American. I assume it will be similar for Taty as he plays in MLS. He qualifies for the points as he plays in MLS/ plays majority of the minutes/ winning MLS cup and playing CCL. it starts at 20:08

Harrison, Taty and Aaronson... Oh my!
Random suggestion, but for those interested in Jack and Leeds, my kids and I watched a documentary on Leeds called Take Us Home about their climb back to the EPL (there are two seasons). It was fun to watch as Jack featured in both of those seasons (as everyone knows). I believe it's now on Amazon Prime. (It was definitely a more uplifting watch than the two seasons of Sunderland 'til I die a while back, which was fascinating but painful to watch the shipwreck).

May have to move my thoughts to the streaming thread as also recently watched the Alex Ferguson, Neymar and Rooney documentaries.

per this video from a USL player he breaks down the points needed to play in the UK, although its for an American. I assume it will be similar for Taty as he plays in MLS. He qualifies for the points as he plays in MLS/ plays majority of the minutes/ winning MLS cup and playing CCL. it starts at 20:08

Thanks. We've known about the concept but the details were always opaque. I find the criteria that bridge the gap between regularly playing MLS player and qualifying to be odd. Like why should your team winning MLS cup make you eligible (if you already have the base points from playing enough). So several NYCFC players qualify just based on that. If Portland won, too bad for NYCFC, but Portland players would qualify. It just seems borderline random.

Last edited:
Random suggestion, but for those interested in Jack and Leeds, my kids and I watched a documentary on Leeds called Take Us Home about their climb back to the EPL (there are two seasons). It was fun to watch as Jack featured in both of those seasons (as everyone knows). I believe it's now on Amazon Prime. (It was definitely a more uplifting watch than the two seasons of Sunderland 'til I die a while back, which was fascinating but painful to watch the shipwreck).

May have to move my thoughts to the streaming thread as also recently watched the Alex Ferguson, Neymar and Rooney documentaries.

Rooney doc was fantastic. Even better than the Gerard doc

Reactions: JayH
Fair enough

The big question is if Thiago Martins starts to take some of Chanot's min. Who is going to emerge as our designated fake injury-time waster and what will be their preferred body party? We've seen the Callens leg cramp act a few times in the past so I'd put him as a front runner with Alfredo Morales as my dark horse candidate. Who knows maybe Thiago Martins has a head injury act of his own and he can just pick right up where Chanot left off.

The big question is if Thiago Martins starts to take some of Chanot's min. Who is going to emerge as our designated fake injury-time waster and what will be their preferred body party? We've seen the Callens leg cramp act a few times in the past so I'd put him as a front runner with Alfredo Morales as my dark horse candidate. Who knows maybe Thiago Martins has a head injury act of his own and he can just pick right up where Chanot left off.
K Kjbert Prognostication? ;)