2022 Roster Discussion

Reactions: Kjbert
I am glad that team did this deal, but I am just curious if they extended this deal because they are getting calls on Callens. Usually you do not extend a guy who just recovered from possibly losing his eye sight.

Joe and Ian said he had an illness, then recovered from the illness and got hurt at training this week.
Thanks for the info, ZYanksRule ZYanksRule. I was starting to get a little worried there was some second-level, "stupid young guy" off-the-pitch thing going on. He's a really good dude so I would have been really surprised were that the case, but I know what a mess I was at that age. :tonguewink:

I believe I was talking about this with mgarbowski at Citi, saying that for english clubs, 12 vs 15 vs 16m is pittance and they'll probably meet the release clause.

https://www.hudsonriverblue.com/202...meet-16-million-asking-price-taty-castellanos (granted, I don't really know the reliability of the uk mirror but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

He's more than likely going to be gone within the next month, so get your last looks at him before he goes to wherever he's going!

- ETA-
I wrote release clause bc my brain is still in release clause world with Haaland saga. I mean, NYCFC's soft "release clause" aka what we would allow him to go for. Not an actual release clause. Derp.

Last edited:
Love taty and if he goes, I hope he gets the playing time he deserves. If he goes to west ham, he's competing for a spot with antonio who is a stalwart and a beast in the box.

the worry is how we're going to look without him. two games without taty in the last month... two very different looks up top. biggest difference is how we press and force turnovers. hopefully with more playing time, heber can grow into the position again and be that guy. i enjoy talles on the wing way too much to send him in as a #9 right now, though I understand the thoughts/desires of eventually wanting him to play there.

Reactions: Shwafta
How does he qualify for a work permit (Argentina ranking)

I can only hope this means Talles Magno to the 9 but he has the Taty finishing problems from a year ago without the work rate

I can only hope this means Talles Magno to the 9 but he has the Taty finishing problems from a year ago without the work rate

I say keep Talles on the wing. He's very effective on the wing and is excellent taking players on 1v1. He tracks back on defense too. We can rely on heber at the #9 even though he gives us something different. He may need more consecutive games under his belt to really feel comfortable in a game again.

Worst case scenario, we play with a false 9 .. throw Jasson in there and let him get fouled to oblivion and we win with PKs and free kicks near the box. lol.

he does, i know i put a video a few threads back. Winning MLS cup/ playing CCL/ playing like 90% of MLS minutes and other things qualified him if he was a US born player, which i assume can be applied as well for him.

Reactions: Kjbert