2022 Roster Discussion

Anyone know the origin of Taty's celebration? The hands to the face one

He answered the question in a press conference last year on Decision Day.

“That is something that I do, that some of my friends and I would do in Uruguay. It stuck with me so now every time I score a goal that’s how I celebrate it. It is because of those friends, and it has nothing to do with anything in particular or trying to express something. It is just a celebration that I started and that’s it. It’s really fun.”

dybala - who has a similar celebration and fellow argentinian explained it as a gladiator mask because every time he goes into a game, it is a battle.

always thought taty's was for similar reasons but i guess not!

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
Taty news.

It occurred to me this morning that he could be gone very soon. Matt Turner has one more game for New England before he’s off to London. Taty could be gone on a similar time frame if things wrap up quickly. In fact, if we decide to hold him out during negotiations, he may have played his last game.

Not gonna lie, if you asked me for any MLS game where Heber was subbed on and was a game-changing influence, I don't think I could name one.

(edit: post injury, of course)

Yeah, I feel bad, he has such great energy & chemistry with the team, but not sure he'll be able to ever get back to the way he was pre injury. I also think we play a bit differently than when he first joined, he needs to be more of a playmaker and less a goal hawk. He's obviously still recovering to a point where he's 100%, so we'll see, but just tough break overall, he's a fantastic teammate from what I can tell.

I still think Heber can work himself into a starting role. With Taty still here he is the #1 out and out striker on game day and more importantly in training. Once Taty leaves Heber will probably fill that role and be more cohesive with his teammates. Or Talles takes the striker role, Heber stays on the bench and gabby/Andrade end up on the wing

Taty news.

It occurred to me this morning that he could be gone very soon. Matt Turner has one more game for New England before he’s off to London. Taty could be gone on a similar time frame if things wrap up quickly. In fact, if we decide to hold him out during negotiations, he may have played his last game.

I figured the USOC game against NER may be the last time I see him play live.

Hopefully he gets a final bow and another 4-goal game at YS for his send-off!

Taty news.

Interesting they would pass. They must have someone willing to hit the bid then.

Think he would work at Leeds. Or at one of the promoted clubs that doesn’t expect to see the ball much.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Interesting they would pass. They must have someone willing to hit the bid then.

Think he would work at Leeds. Or at one of the promoted clubs that doesn’t expect to see the ball much.

based on the rumors flying around, it seems they passed because they know Leeds is interested and might be using that CFG connection behind the scenes to influence the deal in order to get the player they want from Leeds. but again, all based on rumors.

based on the rumors flying around, it seems they passed because they know Leeds is interested and might be using that CFG connection behind the scenes to influence the deal in order to get the player they want from Leeds. but again, all based on rumors.

Raphina?

Taty news.

I think the use of the term option here must be pretty loose. I am pretty sure NYCFC got Taty on loan from Torque with an option to buy, and Man City was not involved in the transactions. I see no basis for MC to have a formal, legal option to acquire his rights. I don't think they have any formal option to all NYCFC players. There might be an informal agreement to let Man City have a fair opportunity to bid on any player BYCFC looks to sell, but I think if it were a binding arrangement it would run afoul of MLS rules and perhaps even others.

I think the use of the term option here must be pretty loose. I am pretty sure NYCFC got Taty on loan from Torque with an option to buy, and Man City was not involved in the transactions. I see no basis for MC to have a formal, legal option to acquire his rights. I don't think they have any formal option to all NYCFC players. There might be an informal agreement to let Man City have a fair opportunity to bid on any player BYCFC looks to sell, but I think if it were a binding arrangement it would run afoul of MLS rules and perhaps even others.

I think the author's use of the word "option" in the article is to indicate taty was one of X number of players man city are looking at to sign. I don't think it refers to any type of contractual option to buy that was tied into his NYCFC signing through some fine print CFG link as you said.

I think the author's use of the word "option" in the article is to indicate taty was one of X number of players man city are looking at to sign. I don't think it refers to any type of contractual option to buy that was tied into his NYCFC signing through some fine print CFG link as you said.
I agree, but “option” has a specific meaning in world football transfers and the tweeter styles himself a soccer journalist.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Man City has an option in the sense that both clubs are CFG owned, and they can direct NYCFC to sell to Man City. Now, MLS has a say as well, so Man City likely can't force something below market, but if they want the player and make a market bid, they should be able to get him for themselves. I agree that there isn't a formal contractual option and that the author was using the term loosely.

I think it also means that if Man City believe that a player is undervalued after NYCFC shops him around, they can sign that player and gain additional income if he develops the way they expect. That's what happened with Harrison.

Reactions: Kjbert