2022 Roster Discussion

I know it's wayyyyy early, but seeing what Taty has been able to do in his two preseason games thus far is exactly why NYCFC elected to loan him out instead of settling for a lower transfer fee.
Imagine him bagging 15-20 goals in Girona, some team swooping in with 20mil+ and we've got ourselves a great deal.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
We won a championship last year. We went to the CCL semifinals. To say this team isn't all-in is a little much for me. You don't win a championship without being all-in. Do you want to say they're taking this year as a victory tour? Maybe -- but that's OK. They're entitled to it, they earned it.

And we're right at the top of the conference standings and not that far off from the Supporters' Shield lead. Not all-in? Come on.
Shouldn’t speak for Kjbert but I think his point is that NYCFC is not all in this season and compared to other teams he may be right. That’s not saying that what NYCFC is doing is wrong as it might be in the best interest and long term health of the team. There is also the outside chance that the team comes across some magic beans again for a dream playoff run.

Reactions: Kjbert
I know it's wayyyyy early, but seeing what Taty has been able to do in his two preseason games thus far is exactly why NYCFC elected to loan him out instead of settling for a lower transfer fee.

Counter - anything over $2.5 million in transfer fee is meaningless in this stupid league

Our biggest mistake in the last year was getting rid of Ibeagha.
(whoops, my bad!)

not much we could have done about it. I don't think it was about money. ibby wanted more playing time so he went somewhere else. not sure how much playing time he's getting at LAFC, but I've seen him in a handful of games so that's already more than what he got with us.

Reactions: Kjbert
if taty scored 20 goals in Girona he could easily be a 30-50 mil player and I don't think I'm exaggerating. Liverpool paid 90m for Nunez (23 as well) after one breakout season in liga portugal. He's still a relatively young player with room to develop so one big season could see his valuation double or triple.

As for Haak, he's good, but he shouldn't be a starter, he's simply not ready. I don't see why we don't spend a bit on some cheaper midfielders even from other MLS teams

if taty scored 20 goals in Girona he could easily be a 30-50 mil player and I don't think I'm exaggerating. Liverpool paid 90m for Nunez (23 as well) after one breakout season in liga portugal. He's still a relatively young player with room to develop so one big season could see his valuation double or triple.

As for Haak, he's good, but he shouldn't be a starter, he's simply not ready. I don't see why we don't spend a bit on some cheaper midfielders even from other MLS teams

If Taty went for $30 million, do you think we would then go out and buy a $30 million player?