2022 Roster Discussion

I trust them to use the DP slot. And it allows them to wait until the summer to use the DP slot.
So we have two DP slots to fill now.

Will be interesting ti see what the contract number is. And where the TAM comes from

Reactions: JayH

Confirming Maxi is not a DP any more

Moralez was a Designated Player for NYCFC but re-signs below that financial threshold.

Such an unbelievably good win for us. Sporting department, take a bow!

Wow. This team is on a roll. And to think that in September they had me so low that I dropped one of my STs.

Exactly the move. Though I’m sure if we don’t win silverware or if he gets injured folks will go all revisionist on this. It may not work out at his age but it’s def the right move. And if we do win more silverware and the Stadium gets built, he gets that statue we used to think Villa should get.

Last edited:
I believe Maxi's wife is still pregnant. I'm curious how much of a role that played in keeping him here. Argentina is no third world country, but considering the circumstances I think I'd much rather have my child born and receive infant care here with our medical system rather than in Argentina during a Covid surge.

Reactions: Kjbert
I believe Maxi's wife is still pregnant. I'm curious how much of a role that played in keeping him here. Argentina is no third world country, but considering the circumstances I think I'd much rather have my child born and receive infant care here with our medical system rather than in Argentina during a Covid surge.
He talks about that in the interview, how he wants to have his third daughter here in New York.

To echo the sentiments of others, very glad to hear Mitrita isn't coming back. Good riddance to a pitiful footballer. The antithesis to what NYCFC represents.

I really don't agree with that. The guy wasn't as good as advertised, but he was still pretty good when he was here. He had 12 goals, 3 assists in 2019 and was playing well in 2020 before he decided he wanted to leave.

It sucks that he wanted to leave, by all accounts it was mostly because of COVID, but to call him a pitiful footballer is too much. 16 goals and 5 assists in 41 career appearances is a pretty good strike rate. It's a shame it didn't work out for him here.

To echo the sentiments of others, very glad to hear Mitrita isn't coming back. Good riddance to a pitiful footballer. The antithesis to what NYCFC represents.
Incorrect. He wanted to leave so he could be closer to his family and pregnant wife. What's wrong with that? He played well as the player he is but didn't match the system and qualities that Delia wanted our attackers to have. He was inherited by Delia, not signed when Delia was manager.

Incorrect. He wanted to leave so he could be closer to his family and pregnant wife. What's wrong with that? He played well as the player he is but didn't match the system and qualities that Delia wanted our attackers to have. He was inherited by Delia, not signed when Delia was manager.
That's a great story. I'm sure Deila benching him until we were shopping him had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Yankeedom
That's a great story. I'm sure Deila benching him until we were shopping him had nothing to do with it.

I don't think that's fair. He played a lot of games between the restart and him leaving. He wasn't performing that well so he was coming off the bench at times, but he got plenty of game time.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't think that's fair. He played a lot of games between the restart and him leaving. He wasn't performing that well so he was coming off the bench at times, but he got plenty of game time.

I mean if you look at the gamelog, you can pinpoint the exact moment Deila had enough with him and benched him at halftime. Obviously was someone who couldn't be bothered to play defense and that is just antithetical to how NYCFC wants to play especially under Deila. The fact that Ronny would have rather play Alex Ring out of position than a healthy Mitri tells you everything you need to know about this situation.