Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

It's more about the soccer "media" in general and people on here acting surprised when they take shots at us.

Reactions: Kjbert
I call it the Matt Doyle effect. It's the cool thing to shit on anything he doesn't deign organic enough. That's why he shits on dual nationals and Klinsman and everything that's not super rah-rah grass roots MLS. He's a douchebag. MLS gave him a platform to become a known douche bag. Now, he has an army of copy cats that each try to out-douche him to make their own name.

Nice little article in the Daily News:

But as he was being groomed for the starting gig under coach Jason Kreis, Meara tore his left meniscus during the first preseason scrimmage in Jacksonville. The subsequent surgery to remove the ligament called for a recovery timetable of 4-to-6 weeks.

Meara, who has been staying in shape by running on the side of team practices, said he is a little ahead of schedule and hopes to return to training within two weeks. Kreis seemed more cautious.
l David Villa returned to the non-contact portions of practice Tuesday, but Kreis was not optimistic that his star striker would play Wednesday in the scrimmage against Houston.
Colombian midfielder Javier Calle, who is back training after recovering from a quad injury, is set to make his NYCFC debut Wednesday. However, Kreis said he will cap Calle at 30 minutes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/s...red-bulls-goalie-ryan-meara-article-1.2128095

So I'm curious Blue, as a podcaster you aren't a big boy media. Will you be getting media credentials for games?

Sounds like SB Nation and others are saying they aren't getting them at all.
I am not sure about the other outlets, I will be applying for credentials. Based on conversations I have had with the media team I should be approved.

I could be wrong, but I just took it that some of the guys wanted to get full season access. Access for some events is based on previous attendance, so maybe they are worried that they might get locked out of a big game?

ASN's morning read with a cheap, unjustifiable shot at the club. It's not germain to the link, and it's not factual in any way. Just tabloid quality bullshit. I expect better from them.

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/asn-morning-read-guess-who-s-gatt-gatt-again

Incredible: "On Wednesday afternoon, a billboard went up outside Red Bull Arena, advertising season tickets for the Cosmos, the highly ambitious NASL side that has big dreams for the upcoming season." Meanwhile, NYCFC does not have a marketing department.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/nycfc-signs-man-city-defender-shay-facey-loan-article-1.2129690?utm_content=buffer60b24&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=IPowers Twitter

Good news yet not surprising that we got Facey it's unfortunate that it is only for 6 months. I would have liked to have him around all season. Maybe we can get him and extend the loan come the summer.
I think he is basically cover until George John gets back. I wonder how thrilled facey is with playing here. Probably doesn't want to miss an opportunity to get in with the big club

Meanwhile, NYCFC does not have a marketing department.
And I reckon American Soccer Now doesn't have research dept.:
10917077_397948903711905_8336288840222113419_n.jpg
18.jpg
index.php
new-york-city-fc-12-printad.jpg

Plus God knows how many more examples I could Google up.

ASN's morning read with a cheap, unjustifiable shot at the club. It's not germain to the link, and it's not factual in any way. Just tabloid quality bullshit. I expect better from them.

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/asn-morning-read-guess-who-s-gatt-gatt-again

Incredible: "On Wednesday afternoon, a billboard went up outside Red Bull Arena, advertising season tickets for the Cosmos, the highly ambitious NASL side that has big dreams for the upcoming season." Meanwhile, NYCFC does not have a marketing department.
LOL, i aint clicking that link but based on your quote , so ONE billboard= marketing department :rolleyes:

in addition to the the samples shown above by Gene Gene i guess having all of those ads in the subways to get season tickets and having all those info stands during the WC watch parties to promote the club and people to sign up for season tickets in the city is just random acts and not part of a marketing dept.

And I reckon American Soccer Now doesn't have research dept.:
10917077_397948903711905_8336288840222113419_n.jpg
18.jpg
index.php
new-york-city-fc-12-printad.jpg

Plus God knows how many more examples I could Google up.

The sign on the cab is actually not real, but a photoshop done as part of a branding proposal before the club release the crest....

The sign on the cab is actually not real, but a photoshop done as part of a branding proposal before the club release the crest....

Whooopise..........Guess I don't have too much of a Research Dept myself........Heads will roll because of this!!!