Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

UK national top selling paper The sun is running the story about the song sheets with the head line.
Nycfc song sheets hit bum note.
Bum note? is that like the brown note?
SPTBN1.jpg

The story is in the national daily mirror paper ,all over news now (worldwide) and ITV UK TV news labeled it as an attempt by nycfc fans to make their club the most ridiculed in world football.
Whose bright idea was this ?

The story is in the national daily mirror paper ,all over news now (worldwide) and ITV UK TV news labeled it as an attempt by nycfc fans to make their club the most ridiculed in world football.
Whose bright idea was this ?

this has been going on for at least a couple of games, that in the Supporters sections these sheets are given out. I guess until now for someone to tweet a picture of it?

though i kinda sort read in twitter that it was a RB fan that was in there and got a sheet and was the one tweeted and ridiculed it in twitter and then went viral. but im not sure how true that is.

this has been going on for at least a couple of games, that in the Supporters sections these sheets are given out. I guess until now for someone to tweet a picture of it?

though i kinda sort read in twitter that it was a RB fan that was in there and got a sheet and was the one tweeted and ridiculed it in twitter and then went viral. but im not sure how true that is.
Well they do say there's no such thing as bad publicity. And this has drawn a lot of attention to the club.

Well they do say there's no such thing as bad publicity. And this has drawn a lot of attention to the club.

well yes, already half the league hates us especially with the whole Man city connection. so anything we do or not do will be criticized. If this was leaked out of the other MLS clubs supporters, zero fucks would be given.

You know I really can't be bothered to care about this. I support the team not the support. I'm worried about getting new players and turning things around on the field not what we're singing. I do appreciate football culture I like hearing the Euro crowds but the Brits bring this kind of support to any sporting event. You see a boxing match with a Brit and their singing, hell even at pseudo sports near Wrestlemania you get a ton of English fans making a crazy atmosphere at the wrassling but it's not American culture. We don't have to copy everything from over there. I'm sometimes afraid for some people it's these Euro supporter trappings that draw them to the game more than actually enjoying the game of soccer itself. When I'm at the match I'm more concerned with watching the action on the field than singing and I think that's fine screw what any Brit journalist thinks of it.

well yes, already half the league hates us especially with the whole Man city connection. so anything we do or not do will be criticized. If this was leaked out of the other MLS clubs supporters, zero fucks would be given.
In this case its the city connection that's got the press involved as you said if Orlando had done it there would of been no story in the British press.as I've said before most Brits still think cosmos are the big team in NY.

100%

You know I really can't be bothered to care about this. I support the team not the support. I'm worried about getting new players and turning things around on the field not what we're singing. I do appreciate football culture I like hearing the Euro crowds but the Brits bring this kind of support to any sporting event. You see a boxing match with a Brit and their singing, hell even at pseudo sports near Wrestlemania you get a ton of English fans making a crazy atmosphere at the wrassling but it's not American culture. We don't have to copy everything from over there. I'm sometimes afraid for some people it's these Euro supporter trappings that draw them to the game more than actually enjoying the game of soccer itself. When I'm at the match I'm more concerned with watching the action on the field than singing and I think that's fine screw what any Brit journalist thinks of it.

it is american culture as well. check out college sports.

Don't think anyone here cares really. Song sheets have been around for multiple weeks now. We discussed them here and everyone was supportive. It's a brand new club. New supporters. People new to the game. Get out of here with that 100+ year history shit.

Don't think anyone here cares really. Song sheets have been around for multiple weeks now. We discussed them here and everyone was supportive. It's a brand new club. New supporters. People new to the game. Get out of here with that 100+ year history shit.
WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT HANDING OUT SONG SHEETS?!?!?!?!?!?!!? HEY EURO BRIT ELITISTS..... GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

(caps intentional)
Its entirely up to you how you grow the match going support .I don't care personally if you give out song sheets or whatever.
As this is the media thread I've just givern you the information of how this is been portrayed in the European media.
Most of the media seem to be saying you are opening up the club to ridicule and making it a joke club by doing it .
People are posting on here how others are looking to hate on nycfc ,this rightly or wrongly has givern other mls teams a stick to beat you with.
From what I've read the atmosphere seems to be getting better match by match anyway without them

WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT HANDING OUT SONG SHEETS?!?!?!?!?!?!!? HEY EURO BRIT ELITISTS..... GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

(caps intentional)
Just maybe before you spout off about Brits etc you should have a little look closer to home and see which team put it all over twitter and caused this shit storm.
Its on their official twitter apparently !!!

In this case its the city connection that's got the press involved as you said if Orlando had done it there would of been no story in the British press.as I've said before most Brits still think cosmos are the big team in NY.

Tbf NY Cosmos have more history, they've had some great players. Dennis Tueart, Carlos Alberto, Dave Clements, The Kaiser, Johan Neeskins the list goes on! Up to NYCFC to get some great players in!

(caps intentional)

Is it sheet music or song sheets? There is a difference, sheet music contain the notes timings etc. Where as song sheets normally just contains words. Manchester United are prone to print song sheets due to the large out of towners who follow the and their lack of knowledge about the team.

From what I've read the atmosphere seems to be getting better match by match anyway without them

The atmosphere has been improving in conjunction with the song sheets. They've been circulating (and changing because the less popular chants get dropped and replaced) since the second home game. The only reason this blew up now is that some Red Bull fan decided to buy tickets in the supporters section and tweet about the song sheet (Even though Red Bull supporters groups and various other MLS fans have used them in the past).

Getting everyone on the same page is important for a new club, and I really don't see the problem with printing lyrics for people to read and join in on when they hear them.

Tbf NY Cosmos have more history, they've had some great players. Dennis Tueart, Carlos Alberto, Dave Clements, The Kaiser, Johan Neeskins the list goes on! Up to NYCFC to get some great players in!

Except for the fact that the current Cosmos have only been around for 5 years and any history associated with them is history they bought, along with a name and a logo, from a long dead franchise.

The atmosphere has been improving in conjunction with the song sheets. They've been circulating (and changing because the less popular chants get dropped and replaced) since the second home game. The only reason this blew up now is that some Red Bull fan decided to buy tickets in the supporters section and tweet about the song sheet (Even though Red Bull supporters groups and various other MLS fans have used them in the past).

Getting everyone on the same page is important for a new club, and I really don't see the problem with printing lyrics for people to read and join in on when they hear them.

Except for the fact that the current Cosmos have only been around for 5 years and any history associated with them is history they bought, along with a name and a logo, from a long dead franchise.
Its just ignorance on are part over here that most people think that cosmos are a force probably due to the fact you can still by cosmos shirts and track suits but nothing from current mls teams.

Football in New York, for better or worse, will always be associated with The Cosmos until another team comes along and breaks the myth/legend/stardust call it what you want of The Cosmos. Still sell Cosmos shirts in most sports shops in Europe. Only place you can buy a NYCFC shirt is at City's club shop.