Official Nycfc In The Media Thread 2015

The daily mail in the UK is running an article today about song sheets being given out at home games .with that and the reaction to the lampard fiasco nycfc fans arnt being seen in a very positive light in the UK .

1285042569_Thumbs_Up.png~c200

No one gives a fuck about what the UK thinks of us.
The daily mail has a large readership across a large slice of English speakers.for mls to take off in Europe and not be seen as a joke league it needs as many positive articles as possible.

What's the big deal about song sheets? I realize it means we have no history, but it doesn't mean it's not organic. Not everything that has been on a song sheet has survived. People are voting with their lungs and throats. The printed sheets just let everyone know what to actually sing instead of just yelling random sounds. So some ancient clubs that started playing in a field with 500 spectators didn't need sheets 94 years ago. That's not us. The sheets make sense and screw anyone who doesn't like it.

The daily mail has a large readership across a large slice of English speakers.for mls to take off in Europe and not be seen as a joke league it needs as many positive articles as possible.

The Daily Fail is also a UKIP-loving piece of xenophobic trash. Come on man, you know as well as I do that it'll never praise something that comes from another country.

For MLS to be taken seriously, they need to up the level of play. Song sheets are the least of their worries.

Plus, what kind of fans would we be if we just accepted the Lampard fiasco? I thought UK fans had more spine than that.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
The Daily Fail is also a UKIP-loving piece of xenophobic trash. Come on man, you know as well as I do that it'll never praise something that comes from another country.
The press is what it is ,with most papers being free online I haven't bought one in years.
The serious papers over here have been giving previews and reports on most games this season,from what I can see in a balanced way .that and with sky's coverage of live games makes this a big season to attract new fans and sell the league to younger DPs instead of the assortment of prem league journey men ,and players in their mid 30's seeking one last big pay cheque that are stealing a living at the moment

You expect a spine from people who still have a queen? No one give a shit about their opinion. When's the last time they won the WC? They invented the fucking sport. And it's a thing because we have the Man City stink attached to us. No one would care if it was any other club.

What's the big deal about song sheets? I realize it means we have no history, but it doesn't mean it's not organic. Not everything that has been on a song sheet has survived. People are voting with their lungs and throats. The printed sheets just let everyone know what to actually sing instead of just yelling random sounds. So some ancient clubs that started playing in a field with 500 spectators didn't need sheets 94 years ago. That's not us. The sheets make sense and screw anyone who doesn't like it.
As a veteran of hundreds of games over the years I find the idea of cheerleaders in Europe and song sheets very strange.
Most chants in England are a response to what's happening on the pitch ,and the away fans respond to your chants.if a song is any good it gets sung again and eventually you have your regular chants

We've had 9 games in our history. The alternative is to sit there quiet until something happens because chances are, it's one of our guys fucking up. German and South American stadium atmosphere on average is better than England's. Plus our awful run of form isn't much to sing about.

You expect a spine from people who still have a queen? No one give a shit about their opinion. When's the last time they won the WC? They invented the fucking sport. And it's a thing because we have the Man City stink attached to us. No one would care if it was any other club.
No idea what the queens got to do with anything. Or the fact England are shit at football.the only mls shirts you could buy here were Beckham shirts and the city angle was getting you press and exposure to grow the league worldwide appeal and attract better players.as an example you are getting more exposure than kaka is getting at Orlando

Last edited:
typicalcity typicalcity

I believe I speak for everyone here when stating that we don't care or need UK's approval. Second, we don't care what a manc journo thinks. You guys are acting like we owe you something.

Just journos shifting your attention to us because your team isn't winning any trophies this year :(

Interesting stat from the first article:

And Sunday underscored how vital it is NYCFC get him right. In the five games Villa has started, they’re 1-1-3 for six points and a plus-one goal differential. In the four he hasn’t, they’re 0-4-0 for no points and a minus-five.

Reactions: LostAnvil
typicalcity typicalcity

I believe I speak for everyone here when stating that we don't care or need UK's approval. Second, we don't care what a manc journo thinks. You guys are acting like we owe you something.

Just journos shifting your attention to us because your team isn't winning any trophies this year :(
To say you don't care is niave at best .its in everyone's interests that nycfc gets good press in its attempts to make it a well known club in world soccer and the most successful club in the USA.I would say still to this day most people in the UK think cosmos are still the biggest club in the states.this needs to change.
No idea what you mean by manc journalist ? The daily mail is probably one of the oldest national papers ,that is running the article.
Shifting the focus ,? City have been shite this season no getting away from that and unfortunately typical city seems to have krept over the water