Report: Pepa Sues Nycfc, Harrison Planning Board To Stop Team Training Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawn. You guys drew the line in the sand. Good luck in your future endeavors. We want nothing to do with you guys.

Yawn. You guys drew the line in the sand. Good luck in your future endeavors. We want nothing to do with you guys.

Oh likewise, don't get me wrong. Anyone who is so seduced by this Manchester City nonsense is not someone I want to have a beer with and watch a game, that's why I excluded the fans in what I said. As a supporters group we're doing great and you guys are a laughable disaster, but that's not the point.

Oh likewise, don't get me wrong. Anyone who is so seduced by this Manchester City nonsense is not someone I want to have a beer with and watch a game, that's why I excluded the fans in what I said. As a supporters group we're doing great and you guys are a laughable disaster, but that's not the point.
this isn't really the "supporters group" per say. Its a forum where everyday fans can come on here and talk about the club.

this isn't really the "supporters group" per say. Its a forum where everyday fans can come on here and talk about the club.

At any rate, I don't want to derail this conversation. It's not about supporters clubs, it's about the teams.

And a few of us who are Cosmos supporters will do everything and anything to cause trouble for an NYCFC stadium in the 5 boroughs.

Oh shit. Whatever will we do when the Cosmos supporters stand in the way of our stadium?

And Leo, how's traffic around the Cosmos forum these days?

The fact that you joined a supporters club that changes loyalties leads me wonder if burrow boys understand the most fundamental aspect of a supporters club (you know, supporting the club). *cue story about how they demand to be heard and respected by the front office*. Well guess what? I'm sure the Brooklyn Italians would give you even more input than the Cosmos. Maybe y'all can try them in a year or two.

The 12 fans you guys get in Long Island are great

Oh shit. Whatever will we do when the Cosmos supporters stand in the way of our stadium?

The fact that you joined a supporters club that changes loyalties leads me wonder if burrow boys understand the most fundamental aspect of a supporters club (you know, supporting the club). *cue story about how they demand to be heard and respected by the front office*. Well guess what? I'm sure the Brooklyn Italians would give you even more input than the Cosmos. Maybe y'all can try them in a year or two.

Well, we've actually done quite a lot. Ask Council Speaker Melissa Mark Viverito if she would support a stadium in her district. Then ask her who spoke to her about it. Seriously, do it.

Whatever dude, this wasn't meant to be a rivalry conversation, just a convo over how things are panning out for both teams. And ps, the Borough Boys have supported only one club, the Cosmos. We never supported NYCFC, and we never would.

Oh and one more thing, we all talk to eachother on Facebook, we don't have the need for anonymity that most of you guys have.

Where you fuck up is in presuming anyone here gives a shit about the Cosmos.

I don't think you care about the Cosmos. I'm talking about the very realistic possibility of you guys not being able to build a stadium, and the fact that the Cosmos and NYCFC are basically making it more difficult for both of our teams to get something done.

This is hardly an NYCFC nail in a coffin, I agree with Vinjay about that. But this ought to give everyone pause about the competence of the NYCFC front office. The naivete in thinking that someone wouldn't come in and sue it truly astounding. It also ought to inform people about just how hard it is to build a training ground, much less a 30,000 seat stadium. I mean, Buckley is having one of his customary fits of rage, but he was one of the ones who was very glibly trotting around the idea that because of the sheik's huge money, it's all easy to get done. I hope he's learning from this experience.

MLS was right in insisting that all the stadium ducks be in a row before a franchise is announced. The fact that they abandoned that pledge in pursuit of $100 million and the "privilege" of being associated with a Manchester soccer team is by and large the reason that the Borough Boys are the Cosmos, and not NYCFC supporters club today (though God knows, as Cosmos fans we have our own problems).

The truth is guys, the big swinging dicks involved in this, Cosmos ownership, NYCFC ownership, MLS, Yankees are all working at cross purposes right now. If (and it's a big "if" I admit, but still pretty likely) the Cosmos get the stadium in Belmont, (and they already have a first class training ground on LI), at what point does everyone come to the table and say, let's put the resources together for one club? I know as a fact that MLS has been purposely getting in the way of the cosmos stadium bid. And a few of us who are Cosmos supporters will do everything and anything to cause trouble for an NYCFC stadium in the 5 boroughs. But at some point it seems to me that it will just make sense for everyone -- not us the fans - but for the money guys and league guys to join forces and do something positive and get something done, because the truth is you guys in MLS may very well overshadow the Cosmos in NASL, but you guys can't play in Yankee Stadium forever.

No Vinjay, this Manhattanville thing isn't the biggest thing in the world for you guys, but it's indicative of the challenges that you face, and just another of a thousand little cuts you guys have been subjected to. At some point, something's gotta give.

You're right. I think NYCFC should shutter their doors.

Why do you bother posting here again? Isn't there a Cosmos site you can post on??

And these 2 pages are the most anyone's talked about the cosmos all year besides their 12 fans.
When are you guys announcing Raul?
Tell your front office to get a Pelé fund going so you guys can PAY :D him to show up at games. Might get you 5 more people. Maybe chain him to bleachers so he doesn't leave 5 mins into the game.

I don't think you care about the Cosmos. I'm talking about the very realistic possibility of you guys not being able to build a stadium, and the fact that the Cosmos and NYCFC are basically making it more difficult for both of our teams to get something done.

What is it that you expect the Cosmos to get done?

NYCFC is associated with MLS. They have a national TV package negotiated and will soon have every game live produced. I saw the Cosmos this weekend on television in Long Island. 2,000 fans in the seats at Hofstra's lacrosse field. The game was produced on local TV and played on a carpet. Come on man.

Reactions: BxLio91
It's entirely plausible that the NY Cosmos and the NASL could be out of business in a few years. Where is the organization and money backing those two endeavors.

I don't understand why this guy posts here other than to flame. We get it. You made your point. You don't like this new team. Good for you. Now go put some positive energy into attracting more fans to an NASL game.

Leo and anyone for that matter... You're all welcome here but if you show up only to incite arguments or your presence always results in a war then please don't bother coming here as you will soon be banned.
Moving this to Warzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.