2024 Roster and Transfer Discussion Thread

Feels like it's starting to come together. Wolf and Perea are good adds. Obviously needs to be more. If we get Vela across the finish line, our attack should be much improved from last year.
Even without Vela, we'll be better, maybe much better if Wolf can find his game with us. Perea we already know.

It is starting to come together, though. And I'm happy to see us combing through the Bundesliga. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've always felt like there was a good connection between that league and MLS. (That's something I'll have to think about a little more now that I have the energy.)

Even without Vela, we'll be better, maybe much better if Wolf can find his game with us. Perea we already know.

It is starting to come together, though. And I'm happy to see us combing through the Bundesliga. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've always felt like there was a good connection between that league and MLS. (That's something I'll have to think about a little more now that I have the energy.)

I also feel like we've had some successes with distressed assets in the Big 5 countries coming here and playing well. Thinking of Alex Ring, Maxi Moralez, I'd even put ITS in that bucket. Guys not quite at that level are fairly good bets at this level

BTW I looked this kid up, because I was like "Hannes wolf?! Like the..." no, it's a different hannes wolf.

It would have been funny if Perea had some Toronto in his previous playing experience as well, lol.

I noticed my draft sent as a pre-quote here .

For context, the "other hannes wolf" is a guy that's a coach now, but he didn't do a great job and was fired from multiple jobs including Hamburg lol.

Reactions: JayH
seems to be based on his 2023 performance according to ASA stats.. so that would seem about right.
Yeah, though he should have adjusted such a the lack of data for Birk Risa who is not sub-average. Same perhaps for Freese as average and Martinez below him.

I'm more concerned that there are 3 DPs rated as average MLS starters, and the only one I might dispute is Martins, and even if he is the next level up is still a poor DP just because of his position.

Yeah, though he should have adjusted such a the lack of data for Birk Risa who is not sub-average. Same perhaps for Freese as average and Martinez below him.

I'm more concerned that there are 3 DPs rated as average MLS starters, and the only one I might dispute is Martins, and even if he is the next level up is still a poor DP just because of his position.
Hot take. If we keep Martins/Risa, they will be close to, or possibly as effective as Chanot/Callens were. It might take another year, but I think both are elite MLS center backs and if they can gel like Chanot and Callens were able to, we're good!

yea. agree for risa and martins. magno and santi had down years. based on 2023, their level was average and i don't think any of us would disagree with that.

if our guys can start playing to their potential this year - we shouldn't have any issues making the playoffs. top of east? i think we're missing too many veterans/true difference makers for that. but it should be a more enjoyable season.

Nothing against this guy as I know nothing about him but dropping $8M on an 18 year old with 39 total professional appearances in the Serbian Superliga is not what this team needs.
If they are considering dropping 8 million on a player, they must know something we don't... Because that's mls sell to Europe prices.

Reactions: FootyLovin