NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2022

Maybe it's good for DUDE WIPES but I think as far as the club goes, the mere fact that we are talking about whether it's bad or not means it's not a great move for the club image wise? Maybe it's a small portion of people that aren't thrilled about it... My daughter has made it clear she's not keen on wearing a jersey with DUDE WIPES on the sleeve. A bummer cause we were gonna get home jerseys with the star but we didn't buy last years run of home kits. I mean, we are basically talking about wiping fecal particles out of as mans crack. That's just not something a lot of people want to see or wear on their jersey. And for the record, I'm not saying DUDE WIPES is any better or worst than any other club sponsor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vallos
Curious...

Would everyone who is upset about dude wipes feel the same if it were Charmin?

I think if people are talking about it the club is getting exposure. As they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Reactions: Kjbert
I have not no, but I know there was a couple of messages about it in years past from people who have and I was going to look them up. That, or watch a YouTube tutorial.
This is what FredMertz FredMertz posted last year on the subject.
Here' a video that walks through getting the numbers/letters off. Not sure if the kit sponsor logo is any different. It starts off with a kid, but it's done with adult supervision.

How to remove letters off a jersey - YouTube

The instruction I've seen over and over on washing is to wash in cool water, tumble dry but not fully and have the shirt inside out at all times during the process.

The numbers on a knock-off jersey will peel no matter what you do, so enjoy it while it lasts. And never buy a knockoff with any patch, or at least don't expect the patch to stay on for very long. You can buy fabric glue to reattach the patches, but it never quite works great.

To get the residue off of a patch or letter/number that has been removed, use GooGone or other similar products, but use sparingly.

Seems to me that the method works pretty well but does have some kinks so now I have more to think about lol

Reactions: Vallos
Want to buy votes? Line the pockets of these business.

nothing to say with regards to our squad or coach. lol. weibe just wants to see ronny strip again?

Watching that goal once again makes me believe that Rony has an incredible wealth of talent to work with and if he gets everyone to understand what they need to do at the highest level they are capable of... back to back Cups. Talles has been really good this season in so many ways but the strength he's shown has been a revelation. Imagine if Taty played like that instead of doing the drama dives early on in his career.

Reactions: Kjbert
Also look where Seattle is. Something isn't adding up.
I'd assume CCL has something to do with that. Would be interesting to see this chart/graph updated every 7-10 games over the course of the season and see where teams have moved from/to or if they're consistent in their gameplay.

Crew surprise me too since they just went 3-4 games without a goal before breaking out for a few this past weekend.